Author Topic: There really is only one.  (Read 3976 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: There really is only one.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 21:07:55 PM »
And in the world of comedy Billy Connolly.  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2020, 22:28:12 PM »
You've obviously got a Scotch fixation H.  ;)

Offline sadler

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2020, 22:44:02 PM »
One person I have recently come to admire is Grayson Perry. All I knew about him was he dresses as a woman from time to time until I watched his recent art programme. His care and compassion towards people who had sent in their artwork was commendable and he made you realise art is whatever you want to make it and is very inclusive. He came across as a very lovely man with the most wonderful laugh, highly recommend to watch.
Other than that we have a local charity called the Maundy Trust which was set up by one of the most selfless people I have ever met, Dorothy McGregor. Unfortunately Dorothy is no longer with us but work in her name still carries on today.
Good topic Highlander and one that makes you think.

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to post acpicturevofvthe house he designed which is only a couple of miles from on where I live, a very interesting project!

Offline sadler

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2020, 22:46:06 PM »
One person I have recently come to admire is Grayson Perry. All I knew about him was he dresses as a woman from time to time until I watched his recent art programme. His care and compassion towards people who had sent in their artwork was commendable and he made you realise art is whatever you want to make it and is very inclusive. He came across as a very lovely man with the most wonderful laugh, highly recommend to watch.
Other than that we have a local charity called the Maundy Trust which was set up by one of the most selfless people I have ever met, Dorothy McGregor. Unfortunately Dorothy is no longer with us but work in her name still carries on today.
Good topic Highlander and one that makes you think.

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to post acpicturevofvthe house he designed which is only a couple of miles from on where I live, a very interesting project!

A picture of the house Grayson Perry designed

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2020, 22:50:33 PM »
Is it this one sadler ?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !

Offline sadler

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2020, 07:17:55 AM »
Yes, that’s the one, Thankyou Highlander and KKOB. I was trying to put one of my own photos on, but my techie skills are non existent! It is in Wrabness, on the banks of the river Stour. I frequently walk passed it! Quite a spectical. Not a fan i’m afraid, totally out of character with the surrounding countryside but a good conversation piece.   :)

Offline suzyq

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2020, 08:56:48 AM »
Tend to agree Sadler, if I came across it during a walk I would think I was hallucinating and at £1800 for a weekend stay I don’t think I will be visiting anytime soon. It reminds of something that would be in Russia. Thank you for making us aware of it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf