Author Topic: Just to let you know we are busy bees  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Sue T

Just to let you know we are busy bees
« on: December 17, 2010, 09:53:31 AM »
The Xmas fair and the coffee morning together made over 700TL for FIG funds.  Tom Phillips won 'hunt the Jack Daniels' and Vicky Green correctly guessed the weight of the cake.
So far this school year FIG has supplied two air conditioning units for Menteşeoglu and Guneşli schools, for the latter school we also furnished their nursery classroom, from tables and chairs and floor cushions to educational toys and books, TV and even painted the walls and doors etc.  The day after the fete we visited two small village schools in Kayacik and Kayacik Bozalan, taking hand knitted tops and shoes and socks for all the children in addition to books.  Faralya village school nursery class has been supplied with new educational toys and Dere Kus school near Kemer has also been sent items that they required.  
We wish all our supporters a very happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year and thank all our volunteers for  all the hard work that enables us to deliver this much needed assistance so widely and frequently, not forgetting of course the 12 university bursaries and the 6 local bursaries, the last two of which are for the sufferers of Thallaseamia, (mediterranean aneamia) a very serious problem for over 20 local families whose  difficulties we are seeking to help alleviate.
2010 sees the end of seven years of our organisation we look forward to a successful eighth year in 2011 - doesn't time fly!
 :)   :)  :)

Offline maximumtom

Just to let you know we are busy bees
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 11:41:32 AM »
Thank you FIG, I will do my best to do justice to the Jack Daniels:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf