Author Topic: So sad  (Read 3278 times)

Offline littlereddevil

So sad
« on: June 25, 2015, 16:19:36 PM »
Heard a young Scottish chap has died after a road accident in Fethiye on Monday. His friend is seriously ill. What a shame

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: So sad
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 17:46:39 PM »
Were they on quads ?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 18:16:55 PM »
Tributes have been paid to a young Scots musician killed in a road crash in Turkey.

Ewan Manson, from Glasgow, was on holiday with friends when he died in the accident in the city of Fethiye on Monday.

Mr Manson, 23, worked on projects for the Scottish Youth Theatre (SYT) and sang in a local band.

SYT artistic director told BBC Scotland: "Our feelings go out to Ewan's parents and the rest of his family, who all have connection with Scottish Youth Theatre.

"Ewan was an incredibly talented young man and his death will be a great loss to the world of music and theatre."

A Foreign and Commonwealth Office spokesman said: "We can confirm the death of a British national in Turkey on June 22 and the hospitalisation of a second British national involved in the same incident.

"We are providing consular assistance."

Source: Courier

JF

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !

Offline patrice

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 18:54:09 PM »
What sad news heartfelt condolences  to the family RIP

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 18:55:50 PM »
Sad indeed.

Did anyone hear of a road accident on the airport road on Wednesday with a vehicle going off the road and down a ravine. :(

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 18:56:23 PM »
Sorry posted twice.

Have deleted second one.

Offline lissa

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 21:36:27 PM »
I saw a quad bike today, going along the road in Karagozler, near to  yacht classic hotel, only doing about 30km and their back wheel came off. Thank good ness no cars coming in either direction or the outcome might have been different. They did have helmets on, but just shorts and t shirts. Lucky they only had a few scrapes. Really do not like these quad bikes.

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 22:12:41 PM »
I'm not sure whether it was Wednesday or Thursday but a car went 50 metres down a ravine near Gocek. The driver was a 9 month pregnant woman but apparently mother is only slightly injured and baby is allright.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 22:28:56 PM »
Very sad Ewan Manson age 23 killed in car accident in Fethiye.  Reported in the Scottish press today.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/talented-young-scots-ewan-manson-5947286

Gareth Soden the Brit whose quad came off the road and plunged down the cliffs at Oludeniz has now sadly passed away.      http://national.bgnnews.com/near-death-experience-for-british-tourist-in-turkeys-fethiye-haberi/5625

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf