Author Topic: Sound proofing for Hisaronu  (Read 9556 times)

Offline Andrew H

Sound proofing for Hisaronu
« on: March 21, 2007, 23:48:22 PM »
Having just returned I understand that the council have imposed noise restrictions in the village after midnight for 2007. This means that bars must have sound proof doors that close after midnight and many are having them fitted now.

It seems the overall noise was just getting too loud.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 06:13:45 AM »
Those restrictions have been in place for a number of years. This year however, they're threatening to strictly enforce them.

Offline lizdev

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 13:54:01 PM »
What about the small bars on a private complex - hopefully the noice restrictions will extend to these - does anyone know?

Offline davewalsh

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 23:38:35 PM »
Dunno. All I would say is that in 2005, our first year as apartment owners in Hisaronu, we were somewhat disappointed with the way that the, errmmm, noise regulations, were enforced. In 2006, there was a noticable change - bars were quiet, the 'clubs' were enclosed and there was a noticeable jandarma presence enforcing the midnight 'noise down' rule (and also enforcing the 3 am 'shut up shop' rule. To me, a boring old fart who goes to Turkey for what I can get up to mainly in the daytime (with the obligatory favourite bar, restaurants etc at night) this enhanced my Turkey experience no end. Long may noise control rule the day (or night) and death to the noisy tw@wit bars that predominate in the village. If this offends anybody - tough. I like Turkey, I like the Turks, I like the Fethiye area, and I don't like the idea of Hisaronu being an 18-80 drunks paradise. people say there's no going back to 1989, well, if there's a chance, I will lead  the way. Alan, I am over there on the 19th of May, my first time since August following a mother of a busy winter at work. Fancy catching up over a big cay? I need some more retirement advice ...

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 13:13:28 PM »
Agree ( as always :) ) with Dave... we  only returned from H  a couple of  days ago, and H and Olu Deniz  both look like the Tsunami has left its  aftermath, and as for the road alterations  on the H  to Olu Deniz stretch, that wont be completed  in 2007,  be prepared to be shocked  by the enormity of it.
As for evidence of possibly ( hopefully)  less  noise in H  this season, well in fairness one or two otherwise  `noisy` establishments have we noticed  erected further  insulation, notably the Harmony bar ( thankfully) but both there and  the Big break are unfortunately both being  converted to `Night Clubs` we heard this year, perish the thought  :(
Also the  dreaded Karaoke and  pub singers seem to be on the increase up that end  this year, [:(!]
Thats our end of H... not sure what else is going on elsewhere in H , but I wont be surprised if there is a few gaps in between  the  bars and restaurants as we heard a few `went to the wall` understandably last season.   Then of course  theres  the `white elephant` ( The new Mall ) .. cant see that being ready by May either... and surely thats heading to be the  biggest business disaster  this side  of Fethiye  ?
Sometimes I really wonder about the Turkish `Busines` logic ?  who`s crazy idea was that [?]  
Anyway heres hoping though that tourists will return ( hopefully the right sort ) this year, and that H is notably QUIETER  :)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 13:40:47 PM »
The hotel we went to in Hisaronu was going steadily downhill due to the 18-30 brigade.  The first year there, I was surprised to see 4 of the staff doing the Full Monty.  It was a laugh and done with a modicum of taste. (The second week I got the pics :-\)
The staff were brilliant and we made friends that we still keep in touch with.
Further visits were never quite the same but there was always that core staff group who we got on really well with.  However we did see a greed for tips from new staff that had been absent before.  We are not mean with tips given willingly but dont like to be asked for them.

The last time we went the bar was full of the bar staff and waiters lined up to do the full monty and it was so tacky.  
I quite like a bop but when sex acts are being simulated on a bar to the encouragement of the owner it is time to move on.
That year we took 6 other people out with us and looking at it through their eyes it was a shock.

This was the main reason we chose Calis last year. We did go back to visit the staff we knew and the bar had been soundproofed. Unfortunately the building had all the charm of a public toilet.

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 15:32:46 PM »
George Michael would be happy there then!!..

WW

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 16:24:53 PM »
Heather... why didnt you just walk out  and express your feelings to the management ? They must get the message.. the vast majority of us dont want H to become a Blackpool. We too have heard similar  sordid , not always in Hisaronu.  We avoid those places  like the plague... fortunately there are still plenty of alternatatives to that garbage entertainment

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 16:44:02 PM »
We just chose not to go back. I really don't think the manager would have been interested in the opinions of us oldies.  He is the one who encourages the behaviour.  A lot of guests have gone elsewhere for the same reason.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 21:12:13 PM »
Dont blame you...  are you prepared to `name and shame` the said premises ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf