Author Topic: Some help needed .....  (Read 3216 times)

Offline julesbob0303

Some help needed .....
« on: July 18, 2009, 21:02:12 PM »
Staying in Hisaronu for a couple of nights in August.  (I like the laid back style of Calis, but think our teenagers will love the faster pace of Hisaronu, and hubby will love the Karaoke bars.   8) )

As we only have 2/3 days, what shouldn't we miss (good restaurants, bars, places we should visit) [?]

Thanks for any help.   :)

Offline tetmeister

Some help needed .....
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 21:46:11 PM »
Foodwise I would say; Piano Bar,The festival,shanghai Blues( Chinese).time out I believe quite good for karaoke.
quote:
Originally posted by julesbob0303

Staying in Hisaronu for a couple of nights in August.  (I like the laid back style of Calis, but think our teenagers will love the faster pace of Hisaronu, and hubby will love the Karaoke bars.   8) )

As we only have 2/3 days, what shouldn't we miss (good restaurants, bars, places we should visit) [?]

Thanks for any help.   :)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Some help needed .....
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 22:09:00 PM »
Try El Ninos opposite the London bar for good value meals
and a pleasant chat with Ali,the owner.
Try the Festival next door for a special occasion meal.
The Fez Bar.Good bar and lovely sunday roast dinners.
The Boat Bar.Lively bar,watch the bar crew in action.
  All these places are close together.
Get a dolmus to Kaya (Ghost town).Explore the deserted town
and some lovely restaurants.Take towels and use their pools(take cossies too).Or continue on dolmus to Gemilar Beach,but watch food prices.
Try Paragliding at Oludiniz or Microlites in Hisaronu.Haggle prices.
I pay £40 para' & £50 micro'
Have a great time.

:)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Some help needed .....
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 22:33:52 PM »
They only have 2/3 days Kev :D

Offline karenr

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 23:04:47 PM »
The Shine Indian is an absolute must....food is excellent. Dont know the name of the bar but they have Kareoke at about 10pm or 11. It next door to the whiteman resturant. All sound like good singers though.Shanghi Blues already mentioned and Dominoes good for authentic Turkish food. Have a wonderful time :)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Some help needed .....
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 00:32:38 AM »
Keith.I have only covered the first day.
I'm still compiling.

:) :)

Offline julesbob0303

Some help needed .....
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 14:45:10 PM »
Thanks everyone.  That should keep us busy for about 2/3 weeks, sorry I mean days!  :D  Keep compiling, Kevin!  [:o)]

Karenr - what are you trying to say about my hubby, lol ("they all sound like good singers though")!!!  He has a fab voice (or so he thinks!)   :)

Thanks again.  If we miss anything, we'll be staying in our apartment in Gunlukbasi for the month, so can easily pop back for the odd evening.  Haven't been to Kaya yet - where is the best place to get the dolmus (Calis or Fethiye)?   Also, the cost, if anyone knows.  

One other thing, where is Gemilar beach?  Have seen some photos (Mrs Pookie's, I think) and it looks lovely there.  How do we get there, and is it easy to find?

Think that should fill in a few days, but keep the suggestions coming, Kev!  :P

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Some help needed .....
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 00:50:59 AM »
Julesbob0303.Gemilar is approx 4/5 miles past Kaya on the same dolmus.
Hustlers Bar,opposite Fez Bar is lively for the kids.Harmony Bar,100 yards further on for the old mans Karaoke.(the noise coming out of there can be cruel at times).Probably Fethiye for the dolmus to Kaya but i'm not certain.Lots of lovely places in 'H',and some cheaper than others  ;).Some lovely walks through the forests,but the kids might tell you where to go.!!
Enjoy it all and let us know how your ordeal turned out.

:D :) :)

Offline tonysue

Some help needed .....
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 23:55:03 PM »
Jules you can get the kaya dolmus from His. or walk thru the forest if you are feeling energetic:D

Offline karenr

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 00:42:55 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by julesbob0303

Thanks everyone.  That should keep us busy for about 2/3 weeks, sorry I mean days!  :D  Keep compiling, Kevin!  [:o)]

Karenr - what are you trying to say about my hubby, lol ("they all sound like good singers though")!!!  He has a fab voice (or so he thinks!)   :)

Thanks again.  If we miss anything, we'll be staying in our apartment in Gunlukbasi for the month, so can easily pop back for the odd evening.  Haven't been to Kaya yet - where is the best place to get the dolmus (Calis or Fethiye)?   Also, the cost, if anyone knows.  

One other thing, where is Gemilar beach?  Have seen some photos (Mrs Pookie's, I think) and it looks lovely there.  How do we get there, and is it easy to find?

Think that should fill in a few days, but keep the suggestions coming, Kev!  :P

Sorry missed your quote...........well if your out the same time as us we could be the judge of that......does he sing the type of oldish songs like the green green grass of home....new york new york.....or more of a modern JLS type of sound......or neither..... do let us know what floats his boat....... have a wonderful break xxxx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf