Author Topic: Yet another accident  (Read 5072 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Yet another accident
« on: April 11, 2010, 16:38:45 PM »
Coming down the road from Ovacik last night we saw a horrific car crash. One car really badly smashed up and one in the front of it was upside down on it's roof. This is the 3rd really bad crash that we have seen in just 6 months. One car was actually embedded in the rock wall. I dont know what they can be done about this stretch of road.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Yet another accident
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 17:07:21 PM »
It's not the road, it's the nuts behind the steering wheels.

Offline Harmless

Yet another accident
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 18:11:51 PM »
Not always the nuts, my daughter was in an accident on the Ovacik Fethiye Road, the driver was sober and thankfully, not speeding.  The car was upside down and the roof was totally caved in, thankfully, they got out alive and after treatment, all are fine, however, in the same spot, over the next few months, there were countless accidents, most of them ending up with an upside down car.

Offline Harmless

Yet another accident
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 19:28:22 PM »
Mind you, I am not saying it is never the nuts behind the steering wheels, but, that does seem to be an accident blackspot.

Offline pasha

Yet another accident
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 20:21:13 PM »
Three lanes + worn out/faded double white lines = a recipe for disaster.

Mind you, most drivers don't take any notice of white lines even when freshly painted.  

I have many times driven up the hill and overtaken vehicles, (2 lanes for uphill direction) only to find that when I get round the corner they are flashing me to get out of the way whilst they are careering down the wrong side of the double white lines.  [:(!]  [:(!]
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 20:28:15 PM by pasha »

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Yet another accident
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 00:12:50 AM »
That road is like a skating rink at the first sign of rain. The surface is worn away and add to that the oil that leaks out of the poorly serviced cars and lorries. On top of all that you have the cars with bald tyres and it is a total recipe for accidents to happen.A few weeks ago, a Polis car crashed and a 30km limit was introduced and no one takes any notice of it.

Offline cheers

Yet another accident
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 00:19:57 AM »
The tar holds the diesel so when it rains it comes to the surface.  Ice Rink made for Heaven

Offline peecee

Yet another accident
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 12:54:31 PM »
If it were feasible perhaps the Jandarma/Polis should consider moving the speedtrap to the other side of the road just before everyone goes skating down the slalom?  So many fatalities there.

Offline geordieboy

Yet another accident
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 17:02:53 PM »
Its on the section which is smoothly tarred prior to a bend. There is a speed sign up before the start of the section advising 30 KPH,but having said that its all down to the blind Kamikaze drivers,bunch of nutters,as stated.

Offline Linda

Yet another accident
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 17:20:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ovacikpeedoff

That road is like a skating rink at the first sign of rain. The surface is worn away and add to that the oil that leaks out of the poorly serviced cars and lorries. On top of all that you have the cars with bald tyres and it is a total recipe for accidents to happen.A few weeks ago, a Polis car crashed and a 30km limit was introduced and no one takes any notice of it.

Totally agree that the road is like a skating rink in wet weather - absolutely lethal but do people adjust their speed and driving - I think not!! Signs are not going to make any difference at all!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf