Author Topic: Bars in H fined for playing music too loud !!!  (Read 7767 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Bars in H fined for playing music too loud !!!
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 05:43:07 AM »
Maybe Hisaronu is struggling BECAUSE of its loud music....I know I would visit a lot more when I am out there all summer if the music was not so loud. My girls love to browse around the shops, and we love a couple of the restaurants down there, but I cannot bear the level of noise there now and will avoid His at all costs in favour of Ovacik and Olu...and of course Kaya. :) We know young couples who visit Calis, and wont go near Hisaronu, due to its reputation to becoming the "benidorm" of Turkey....(not my words!) Maybe its an age thing.. :), but Im sure if it toned itself down a little, it may attract more...?

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 07:58:24 AM »
Well said Sue Mac !!  totally agree  :)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 08:32:58 AM »
There are places I would like to eat in Hiaronu, but don't, purely because of the noise.  I do wonder if the Olive Tree shut down because of the increasing noise levels surrounding it.  It used to be a lovely place to eat, playing a good selection of 'chill' music (ah the good old days, before 'progress' hit).  That may not be the reason it shut, but that's my suspicion.

Offline hillside

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 09:18:45 AM »
The Olive Tree hasn't closed - just moved about 100 yards down the Kaya Road.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 10:05:50 AM »
Yes, but that's my point.  It isn't where it used to be.

BTW, the hotel he had up the road, more towards Ovacik, -is he still involved with it??  We were in the area on Wednesday and thought the outside looked a little unkempt.  Made me wonder if he had sold it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 10:17:51 AM by Rindaloo »

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 12:17:04 PM »
We ventured away from the `noise` of H  and tried a restaurant up in Ovacik for the first time during early July this year and was VERY pleasantly surprised. Its called  `The three cheers`  attentitive friendy staff, excellent food, great prices, and ambient turkish music in the background that you could hear pleasantly and hold a conversation, with no `boom boom` either side of the restaurant or opposite as is the case in Hisaronu.
The only negative was a slight noise from the main road, but all in all definately worth further visits when we return in late August[^]

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 12:19:30 PM »
The Olive tree is still an excellent restaurant  and is now in a better location.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 12:26:58 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sleuth

The Olive tree is still an excellent restaurant  and is now in a better location.

Yes, at his hotel away from the noise.  But if they don't crack down on all the noise, how long will it be before that hotel is surrounded by booming music and flashing lights?  The Green Forest Hotel must be quaking in its boots (speaking metaphorically) because gradually hell is approaching it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:58:45 PM by Rindaloo »

Offline hugh shaw

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 18:29:19 PM »
In reply to comments on page i of this topic ie the last thing these bars need is a fine in an already bad season, and they should build their houses away from the ear damaging noise.I think its great they have been fined they are one of the main reasons for lack of trade in that part of Hisaronu and a lot of the residents with houses affected by this dreadful din have been there before there was electricity.If you agree with me complain about the noise or you will lose the Hisaronu you love.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 21:07:13 PM »
We never went down to Hisaronu in the peak summer period because of the noise. Any time we went there to eat we would go at about 6.30pm making sure we were out of it by 8.30pm.A place we used to go to was called the Mountain valley it was just above Hisaronu and was nice and peaceful with excellent food at a very reasonable price, brilliant staff and a great view of the mountains. We used to love watching the sun setbehind the mountain.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf