Author Topic: break ins  (Read 3185 times)

Offline sashbash

break ins
« on: May 23, 2013, 18:19:36 PM »
Just to advise people, friends of ours were broken into on Tuesday night, whilst they were out for the evening. Yes they have bars and grills on doors and windows but they jemmied the metal open. Only thing taken was a large safe that was upstairs!!! Spoke to my friend today and he has been told by the Jardarma that Hisaronu is experiencing at least 3 break ins per day. So please be extra careful about locking up.

Offline mark shirley

• Newly Registered
Re: break ins
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 19:08:06 PM »
these break ins need to be addressed urgently

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 19:41:04 PM »
Two years ago Attila the locksmith from Fethiye demonstrated to me that he could open my locked security grills in just the time it took me to turn through 360 degrees and all he had in his hands was a flat bladed screwdriver. I was facing the locked grills and he was stood next to me, he instructed me to turn around slowly (but it could only have taken me five seconds or so) and when I came around full circle the grills were both open and Atilla was stood there with a big grin on his face.  He told me that unless the static grill (the one without the lock) is securely bolted at the top and bottom then it's childs play to get them open with a screwdriver if you know where and how to apply pressure.

Needless to say that all my security grills are now securely bolted at the top and bottom with the bolts going into holes drilled in the concrete lintel and the tiled terrace floor and with padlocks preventing the bolts being dropped. This type of bolt is readily available at the Yapi Market.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 20:14:41 PM »
My daughter in law was broken into sat night while they were in bed and stole 1200 tl ,the police came why they bothered i dont know sat and drank coffee while waiting for forensic man he came didnt have a clue showed us where he thought they got in ,but you could see the door was not forced 10 min he was gone ,we had a look round and saw where they had got in ,two foot prints going up the wall ,and one in first floor bedroom , waste of time . :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf