Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Jim and Ann

Introduction
« on: January 25, 2004, 16:59:21 PM »
Hello fellow Turkey lovers.  We are Jim and Ann from Workington in Cumbria.  It was our love of the sea and interest in sailing that first brought us to the Fethiye area.  We hope to retire to Calis and do some sailing in sunshine for a change in 2012.  Meanwhile we hope to visit for two weeks each June and September. We bought a house on the Saray Yapi Kooperatif in September 2002 but have not managed to stay in it yet due to the drains not being completed.  We have been back three times since, intending to stay in the house but have had to book into a hotel instead. Does anyone know what the hold up is with the drains, and when they expect to finish them? We have probably already met some of you but don't recognise the names. Ann is the one who leaves a trail of two legged donkeys! (no hind legs ha ha) Is there someone called Bradley who is also on the Saray Yapi? Please get in touch.

Offline haino

• Calis Reject
Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 17:13:01 PM »
Jim and Ann

welcome to the forum. Dont know what the hold up is with your drains. Sure someone will know.

There is a member called Bradley. Why not look him up in the members section.

We are in Calis in June and September this year so hope we can meet up with you both.

Gordon and Angie (Widnes, Cheshire)

Offline Patty

• Poster
Introduction
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 17:23:23 PM »
Hello Jim & Ann
Welcome to the site. We are in Calis in Sept.04 maybe see you then.
Our house is Aka Mah? in between Fethiye and Calis. just up from the waterpark.
Patty

Offline nelliedeen

Introduction
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 17:37:29 PM »
Hi Jim and Ann, Welcome to the best site on the net for Turkey lovers, our house is in Akarca Mah, sorry Pat you got the area name spelt wrong.  Anyway, my house is her house, and her house is my house. It looks that many of us will hopefully be retiring out to Turkey, we have about 10 years though yet.

Regards  Helen

Offline Bradley

Introduction
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2004, 18:15:37 PM »
Hi Jim & Ann

Yes we've bought on Saray Yapi, No. 27, what number are you?. We bought October last year and haven't been told anything about drains (in fact what you said has got us a little worried). Our house is supposed to be finished around April time, we will be sure to ask our agent about what you've been told and we will let you know what they say. Out of interest who were your agents? our's was Apple.

All the best

Offline Jim and Ann

Introduction
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2004, 19:05:36 PM »
Hi Carol Harry & Paul, didn't mean to worry you.  When we were out last September there were people living in some of the houses and were unaware that they were not connected to the sewage system till we pointed out that their outfall had been disconnected from the system and redirected into a mini septic tank buried just behind the house.  Don't know who had made these arrangements or who had paid, but found it strange that no-one had mentioned it to them???  Our estste agents were (or are) Lycian Properties run by Hakan Cinar and his English wife Kate - Very nice but I think ours was the first uncompleted cooperative house they had sold and werent fully aware of the system.  They have told us they wouldn't sell another!  Some say there is a political problem with the council - others say our drains have been put in too deep and wont connect to the main sewer in the road as it is higher.  Don't know who to believe?
Ours is no. 13 we are there 8th June to 22nd - call in for a beer and chat.
Cheers
Jim

Offline Bradley

Introduction
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2004, 15:15:03 PM »
Hi Jim & Ann,

We have just been told by our agents that the drains are now completed and connected to the mains. The septic tanks were apparently used as a temporary fix.
Not sure when we'll be out yet but if we're there in June a beer is definitely called for.

Offline georgiegirl

Introduction
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2004, 21:54:25 PM »
Hello Jim and Ann,

I did not know about the drains either!!!!, my house is 43, hope they get things sorted out before I go over in May,

Hope to meet up some time.

georgie

Offline ali

Introduction
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2004, 22:54:41 PM »
Hello Jim and Ann from sunny Workington - (jam eaters)it's nice to see some of the Cumbrian folk are getting the message about Turkey.I don't normally join in with the crack on the site because ,i ain't been to Calis Beach yet (31st May) But all the gang seem sound and you'll be in great company.
    all the best     Ali from Whitehaven (assa marra)

Offline Jim and Ann

Introduction
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2004, 12:41:33 PM »
George and Angie, Patty and Helen, thanks for the welcome - yes, we can make arrangements to meet up.

Carol,Harry and Paul, hope your good news is right. I will try to get confirmation from my estate agents and keep you posted.  Hope you can make it in June.

Georgie, do you have a contact you could ask to confirm the Bradley's good news? I'm sure we'll meet up some time.

Allison - is that the cute little thing from Ruskin Drive?
The great debate rages on about the home of the jam eater Research shows that Wrykentonians first used this derogatory term to describe the inhabitants of neighbouring Whitehaven and that the folk from Whitehaven could not think up an original insult of their own so retaliated with the same one! Ann and I try not to discuss this at home as she is from Whitehaven and the blood splashes the walls.  Either way, I guess one of must eat jam.
Normally, if someone named Allison called me a jam eater I would take exception, but in your case, I'll just run downstairs and make a butty, OK?
Hope to meet you soon.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf