Author Topic: NEW MEMBER  (Read 4391 times)

Offline georgiegirl

« on: January 29, 2004, 12:29:14 PM »
: :): :): :): :): :)[: :)font=Georgia][/font=Georgia][

Hello everybody,

My name is georgie, have visted the site many times,have had words with the sage of calis or should I call him the wise old owl from buzzard.
Him indoors is called Paul and is busy learning turkish,so it my honour to do intro,come from London but now live near Boston in lincolshire.Children have flown the nest (thank god,little blood suckers).
Have visited Turkey 5 times and love the place,people,weather,food and of course the drink:P
Went last september and bought a place in calis, very scary,but exciting,told scunner all about it,bought through Apple estate agents in Olu deniz,has anybody used them or heard of them?
Am so sure that we have done the right thing,I am going in May for 5 monthes to fix the place up,(on my own)as him indoors has to work,come on somebody has to do it!!!!
The site is great, you all sound really frendly and knowledgable, wish I had found site before I went to Turkey and bought,but Im here now.
Willneed lots of advise on buying furniture,fride,beer and so on.
Not sending a picture as I would have to buy you all a drink,just to stop you laughthing :-\ :-\ :-\
thank you georgie/blue]
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 08:04:14 AM by georgiegirl »

Offline Patty

• Poster
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 12:38:49 PM »
Welcome to the site and congratulations on your purchase.
Where in Calis have you bought. Licky thing, 5 months out there, lovely.
As you will see there is plenty of company for you so you wont be on your own.
Same reason i wont post photo,

Regards
Patty

Offline Bradley

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 13:15:46 PM »
Hi Georgie

Welcome.

We bought with Apple in October last year and are at the moment finalising things before they start work on completing the building work. We bought on Sari Yapi and hope to come out in April to do the furnishing etc. So far so good with Apple, apart from one very strange email from Helen (must've been out the night before). They do seem to be a little slow with emails at the moment though (but then I don't think they're working full time at the moment).
That's all for now folks.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 16:21:34 PM »
Hi Georgie & Paul
Welcome to the best & craziest Turkey forum on the net.  
Congratulations on buying your little piece of paradise. (another Efes supply scunner)
Me & Pearl should be living there by May, so hopefully we can meet up & have a    or 2

Dave

Offline georgiegirl

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004, 08:56:59 AM »
Thank you Patty
Nice to see a friendly word, am really nervous about going over in May and staying so long on my own, so it would be nice to get in contact with other people who have homes in calis.

I know this sounds daft, but not quite sure where myplace is exactly,
address is villa 43 s.s. saray yapi Kooperatifi, does that mean anything to you?

Its near the new hospital,on main road.
thank you again
georgie
quote:
Originally posted by patty

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your purchase.
Where in Calis have you bought. Licky thing, 5 months out there, lovely.
As you will see there is plenty of company for you so you wont be on your own.
Same reason i wont post photo,

Regards
Patty

Offline Patty

• Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2004, 09:49:46 AM »
Georgie.
Don't know where you live, sounds just like me. But, i think we are not far from you.
We live near the new hospital and within walking distance of the waterpark.
Aka Mah.near the Erkine Apartments.
Where over in May will be in touch for drinks around the pool!!!

Patty

That sounds good:D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 09:52:30 AM by Patty »

Offline Bradley

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2004, 13:31:50 PM »
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Hi Georgie,

I'm waving my hands in the air & jumping up & down, check 2 posts up. Were number 27 s.s. saray yapi Kooperatifi. As for its location, from what we remember it is on the Fethiye side of the hosptial, a little further away from Calis. Five months seems like a long stay, have you bought a finished property or one that needs completing? Are you using Apple to complete the work?

Carol

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2004, 16:04:50 PM »
Hi to you all who have bought on Saray Yapi, We nearly bought there but were put off when we were asked to pay in Lira as opposed to £'s it meant the price went up by £2,000,00.

You are on the main road that comes from Fethiye Harbour to Calis but shortly you will have a new road in with a Dolmus stop at the end of the Complex

Ron

Offline AlanMoule

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2004, 18:45:51 PM »
Hi georgiegirl,
Congrats on your purchase.  Sounds like you are within walking distance of 'Yakamoz'. We love that restaurant, comparatively pricey but yummy, you must try it if you haven't already.

We looked at a property near you but ended up buying on the other side of Calis.

Good luck with buying everything for your place, it will be good fun.  We did it in December and managed to buy eveything we needed during our short stay.  There is lots of advice on this website including one or two comments from Dawn and I on our experiences.

Alan & Dawn

Offline georgiegirl

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2004, 21:34:56 PM »
Hello Carol

Nice to meet a neighbour, if not in person, not sure where your house is but it cant be far.

Our house is not completed yet,we are thinking of letting Apple do the work but they are asking quite a lot for the work.

What about your house, is it complete? will you be using Apple for any work on the property? might be a good idea to compare quores if you have one.

When will you be giong to Turkey,would like to meet for a drink or maybe two.

bye georgie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf