Author Topic: member introductions  (Read 2668 times)

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
member introductions
« on: March 08, 2004, 21:09:04 PM »
Hi there,
finally got round to joining this site after moving over for good last september.As an introduction we are from London,and have been coming here for many years before making the move permanent,having become disillusioned with the way things have been going in UK over past few years,more red tape,taxes etc etc,and we want somewhere safe and fun to bring up a family(still practising at the moment).
I have been a professional musician for many years graduating to owning my own recording studio(which has come with us,causing raised eyebrows at customs)and also a motorcycle sales and repair business which has been sold along with our house enabling us to retire before 50-just,in my case but the wife is still of child bearing age!
My wife is an NNEB trained nursery nurse and Nanny,so if anyone requires advice or discipline  she can deliver(under 10's only need apply).
We also brought our two cats with us,so if anyone is planning to move with animals or problem loads we might be able to offer some advice.
Look forward to meeting some of you at the May party.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
member introductions
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 21:16:12 PM »
Hi John
Welcome to the site.
Pearl & i will be moving out to Calis as soon as the sale of our house here is finalised.
Whereabouts are you living ? (i need to know where to come to borrow an Efes or 6).

Dave

Offline CMC

• Baildon, Yorkshire, UK
member introductions
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 22:36:23 PM »
Welcome to the site John.
Well done on your recent move. I really do admire those of you who go ahead and follow your dreams, I just can't quite bring myself to be so brave.
Hope you keep posting with real life experience advice!
Christine and Keith

Offline PeteM

member introductions
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 09:42:57 AM »
Hi Smudge - welcome to the forum, we hope to complete on property at Serenkent, any day now would be good!!!  I was interested in you being a musician as I was about to put up a topic to see if there were any other musicians (I play guitar with more enthusiasm than technique)out there who might fancy putting together some form of group for occasional party nights or just having fun.  Anyway I'll get in contact when I'm coming over and we can always meet up over a few Efes!
Cheers

Offline Bradley

member introductions
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 10:05:21 AM »
Hi Smudge,

I'm also a musician, I play a mean triangle.

OK serious now. I do have a computer based studio here in the UK that I use to make CDs, if you've heard of people like Francisco Lopez or Nurse With Wound you'll know where I'm coming from. I'll transfer my little studio to Turkey in the form of a Laptop and various bits whenever I'm over so I can continue to produce music. Main instrument is guitar, I have a few CDs out.

What type of music are you interested in? Where is your studio/is it just for you or do you record local bands?

Cheers
Paul

Offline Marly

member introductions
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 15:34:46 PM »

So envious of you Smudge, making the move to Turkey just bidding time till we can do the same !!!!!  As you must now be conversant into the Turkish lifestyle, maybe you can answer some questions on living in Turkey, the main one being without being to impertanant, how much money do you need to get by on for monthly outgoings[?] for an average lifestyle.

Offline farmer

member introductions
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 18:27:48 PM »
Hi Smudge and all the other Musicians
Pauline and I are just waiting for the sale of ou UK house before we come to live in Calis. The sooner the better. We will look around and buy as soon as is possible.
I am a "retired" musician nowadays. Classical, that is. Talk of computer-aided studios is a foreign language to me, but I'm willing to learn!
I have had to give up the Violin as the old arthritis has kicked in, but I still play the Trumpet (a little) and teach it (a lot more).
It looks like there may be enough talent out in Calis to form a "Site" band...who knows.

Regards to al

farmer

Offline cenk

member introductions
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2004, 19:03:07 PM »
Hi Farmer
Welcome , my wife is also musician and we will be happy to meet you in future

Offline cenk

member introductions
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2004, 19:04:40 PM »
Excuse me
It should be Smudge instead of Farmer