Author Topic: New Members  (Read 3846 times)

Offline Chris & Patrick

New Members
« on: June 29, 2004, 21:07:14 PM »
Hi everyone, we're so glad we found this discussion board as we are coming to Chalis a week on monday (12th July) with a view to buying an apartment there. Having read some of the messages it's obvious you have to be careful (deposits, dodgy estate agents etc) We are coming on an inspection visit courtesy of Headlands International, anyone outthere know anything about this company, we'd really appreciate all the advice we can get.

Many thanks, Chris & Patrick  8)

Offline tel

New Members
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 21:29:15 PM »
Welcome to the site/forum guys.
I can not help you with Headlands, buy hang in there, someone hopefully will get back to you soon.
Have a great trip in July
Tel

Offline jimbo

New Members
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 22:13:40 PM »
Hi mcciod,
when we were looking we arranged to view some properties with headland they didnt turn up,and since then ive heard they use the hard sale pitch

Offline Harley

New Members
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 22:27:54 PM »
Hi Mcciod

Sorry i haven't heard Headlands either...
All i can suggest is that you go with your gut feeling and don't feel pressured into buying anything just because they are providing an inspection trip...  
Also remember that it  pays to keep an eye on the opposition as you might find the same properties advertised in other agencies for less money...

Harley

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
New Members
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 23:44:59 PM »
Mcciod,

The best advice I can give is contact Scunner. he will sort you out without any hard sell or any problems.

Stoop

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
New Members
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 00:37:42 AM »
Hi Mccoid
Welcome to the forum.
Can only agree with Stoop, email Scunner and view with him too.
Hope you find something you like over there
Best wishes
Anne

Offline Chris & Patrick

New Members
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 19:34:08 PM »
Thanks everyone for this.
We've e-mailed Heidi and she's given us details of how to contact her when we're there which we will definitely do especially in light of your replies.  It is a bit worrying to think only one person has heard of them and they were let down by them! Still, the tickets arrived this morning so we're on our way and looking forward to a nice break. Finaly, anyone know a good mozzy repelent - we've heard their pretty bad at the moment!!!!
Cheers
Chris & Patrick

Offline Tony Mac

New Members
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2004, 19:34:17 PM »
Chris & Patrick

Only thing I know about Headland is that they seemed to start advertising Turkish Properties in the UK papers this year.  I went on their website to have a look but must admit that the properties they had were also on many other Agent's websites.

Some sound advice has been sent your way with previous postings.  Don't get pressured, have your mind set on why you want a property, and how much you want to spend.  It's a big step so do all you can to get it right.

At the end of the day it can't hurt you to talk to Heidi and Keith or any other estate agent before making your mind up.  And let's be honest, you can't knock word of mouth recommendations.

Good Luck with whatever you do and whoever you choose to deal with.

Tony Mac

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
New Members
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2004, 19:39:40 PM »
If you start on the marmite 8) 8) now you should be fine when you arrive on the 12th  8) 8)

Ron

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
New Members
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2004, 19:41:25 PM »

I have heard of Headlands but only insofar as seeing them in the Daily Mail, they also sell property in Cyprus and Spain so I should imagine they are a large concern. I have to agree with all of the above, you'll not go far wrong with Keith and Heidi. As far as your purchase is concerned if you are happy with the price and happy with the property then the price is right! Happy hunting!
Val

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf