Author Topic: Hello everyone-help required  (Read 2825 times)

Offline june

Hello everyone-help required
« on: July 21, 2004, 11:07:25 AM »
Hi Everyone,  Stuart and I came to Calis for the first time last year and fell in love with it, we bought an apartment and we really want to come over there and live permanently within the next year. I have been logging onto the website for quite a while now and it has been incredibly helpful and amusing but there is still quite a lot we need to know, if I asked it all now I would bore everyone to death I am sure but anyone who can help with the following would be great.
We have 4 cats we will bring, where do I start to find out about flying them out and cost.
Visa's is 5 years the most you can apply for at any one time?, I know we get 90 days when we come over in August.
Internet connection and likely cost for less than average user?
Look forward to hearing from you all, can't wait to get over at the end of August. The thought of coming to live in Calis is all that is keeping Stu and I sane at the moment!!  Best Wishes   June :)

Offline AnneandTerry

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 11:21:08 AM »
Hi June and Stuart

Welcome to the forum, where I am sure you will find answers to all your queries.    Just use the search facility, and you will soon find what you need.

The only thing I can tell you about is the internet connection.   You will need a residence permit before you can get a phone line and you may also have to wait until a line is available.   I have always found the internet cafes in Fethiye very welcoming and reasonably priced, so that may be the most economical way to go, at least to start with.

Where is your apartment?   We shall be over for 2 weeks from 3rd September.   Many forum members meet up at the Bus Stop on Wednesday evenings, from 7.30 onwards.

Anne and Terry

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 11:59:50 AM »
Hi June and Stu( what a nice name). Welcome to the forum. As Anne said you will find most of the answers to your questions in the search facility. Not sure about the cat question though.

Where is your apartment? We are on the Saglik complex at the end of the beech.

Stoop (aka Stu)

ps -- June -- you have your age down as 13-- it seems a common age on this forum so maybe it's not your fault- it could be a gremlin.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 12:11:08 PM by stoop »

Offline june

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 12:01:33 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by AnneandTerry

Hi June and Stuart

Welcome to the forum, where I am sure you will find answers to all your queries.    Just use the search facility, and you will soon find what you need.

The only thing I can tell you about is the internet connection.   You will need a residence permit before you can get a phone line and you may also have to wait until a line is available.   I have always found the internet cafes in Fethiye very welcoming and reasonably priced, so that may be the most economical way to go, at least to start with.

Where is your apartment?   We shall be over for 2 weeks from 3rd September.   Many forum members meet up at the Bus Stop on Wednesday evenings, from 7.30 onwards.

Anne and Terry

Offline xanadu

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 13:01:22 PM »
Hi June and Stu
welcome to our site.
DO NOT GO IN THE BUS STOP unless you want a hangover like mine this morning.........aaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhh took customers in to celebrate a deal last night, and drank everything off the cocktail menu, yummy but OH MY GOD! my head hurts today. just a mention by the way that 5 of us were drinking cocktails all night and slammers and shots and god knows what and the bill was so cheap.........but I will never go back........oh except for tonight as its Calis Beach web site night. ha ha

Offline colin

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 13:17:53 PM »
YOULL NEVER LEARN , WILL YOU

SCUNNER CONTROL YOUR PARTNER
oh i forgot , you need someone to control you also .
OK whos up for the job lol

Offline june

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 14:05:03 PM »
Hi you guys, Anne and Terry,Stoop alias Stu, Xanadu and Colin.

Lovely to hear from you all. Anne, Terry  and Stoop I cannot remember the exact address of the apartment, byt they are know as the Pink Apartments and they are just off the main Calis to Fethiye road, there is a turning almost opposite the Aquapark, you go up the track and the apartments are on the left hand side, very handy for the beach and bars, not to far to crawl home  'Xanadu'!!, tell me where is the Bus Stop??? We will have to learn to walk quickly past it otherwise we could end up feeling like you.....     unfortunately Anne and Terry we are only over for a week from 27/8 and return back (don't remind me!) on the 3/9 which is the day you arrive, but I am sure there will be other times when we can meet.
Stoop, age 13 sounds good to me (I wish) if you pu the 3 before the 1 and add a few more years you will be somewhere near the mark.

Enjoy tonight  at the Bus Stop Xanadu, I will be thinking of you tomorrow morning!!!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2004, 14:45:37 PM »
June ( the young),

We are going out on the 3rd sept - so we will also miss you. never mind there will be pleanty more times in the future.

Xanadu -- the best cure for a hangover like yours is to get back out there and hit the slammers again.

Stoop

Offline CMC

• Baildon, Yorkshire, UK
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2004, 21:54:24 PM »
Hi June, welcome. You will have loads of questions, but here there are loads of people to answer them so fire away!

Heidi (Xanadu), will you ever learn from past experiences? I really think not!!
Christine

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2004, 23:33:21 PM »
Heidi, we've all been down that never again road! cocktails and slammers OMG! When I've picked myself off the floor I've sworn never ever to do it again - but.......

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf