Author Topic: Hello everyone-help required  (Read 2824 times)

Offline june

Hello everyone-help required
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2004, 07:51:57 AM »
Thanks CMC you are right about the questions, but the one that I just can't get me head around is residents visa, I have read so much of what everyone has said but I am still unclear about the whole process. Am i correct in saying that we can go to the Turkish Consulate in London, apply, leave our passports etc (what is the maximum time you can apply for residency?) it would seem a lot of people have 1 year, so then you have to seek the permission of the Turkish Police when you get to Turkey, again wait for return of your passport which can take anything up to 8 weeks?, but do you have to go through this whole process again in 12 months time when it expires?, can you get a 5 year residence visa??

Perry, saw your list of items you had bought for your villa with costs etc, thought that was very helpful indeed, thanks

How did last night go at the 'Bus Stop' anybody that went!!
Off to work now -'Oh happy days.......

Offline farmer

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2004, 15:16:22 PM »
Hi June
About Residence Permit
For info from this site go to:
General Calis Beach Questions & Calis chat,
And then to  About foreigners residance permit  authored by Inspector
You will find a lot of V Good information.
Getting your residence permit from the Consulate in the UK appears to have only one real advantage, and that is if you wish to import your possessions straight after you arrive in Turkey. If you don't mind waiting a few weeks then apply for the permit as soon as you can after arriving so you will have it before your possessions arrive.
Importing WITHOUT a residence permit is extremely difficult, and not always particularly  easy even with one!
I Will be moving approx 17th August  to Calis and then will be looking round to buy a permanent home.
Good luck

farmer

Offline june

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2004, 15:52:52 PM »
Hi Farmer,

Thanks for the reply I understand more now.
I will have a look at the Residents Visa authored by Inspector and learn a little more, trouble is when you have made the decision you just want to know everything all at once!!!  
Do you happen to know who and how expensive it is to import possessions?
I am very envious that you will be going over to Calis to live in a few weeks wish it was us, but hopefully it won't be long.  We are over on 27/8 and 1/10 for a week each, do you meet at the 'Bus Stop' with the others, maybe will see you?.
Good luck to you too.........
June

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf