Author Topic: buying in Turkey  (Read 3341 times)

Offline haino

• Calis Reject
buying in Turkey
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2003, 21:34:07 PM »
Helen

Thanks for the invitation to meet up soon.

We would be pleased to meet you. We arrive on Friday 24th and are staying for 4 nights. Would you like to meet up one evening for a drink? (Angie is a vodka drink just like yourself  :P )

Just let us know the day, time and place and we will find you.

Look forward to hearing from you

Gordon and Angie

PS If we manage to get our house-hunting sorted fairly quickly, we would love to see your place. From the photo it looks great. (Only if we are not intruding though).

Offline Captain Squiffy

• Mr Permafrost
  • Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
buying in Turkey
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2003, 22:44:32 PM »
Hi Vera, glad to see that you are looking to buy in Turkey.  We got the deeds on our two new apartments at the end of June after only six weeks.  We did not use a solicitor but used the services of a local notary.  Even though it seeemed scarey at the time everything went well and now for two similar apartments in the same location we would  have to pay £40k more - are we chuffed or what!!! beats putting the money in a bank!  - not that we would ever dream of selling.

Offline nelliedeen

buying in Turkey
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2003, 04:21:19 AM »
Hi Gordan and Angie, it would be great to meet up, what time do you arrive on the 24th, or do you want to meet on the Saturday evening.  We could meet at the Post Office or you could call at our house, I will definately have a vodka and efes in the fridge, and you will be more than welcome.  Ask the taxi driver for the Erkin Apartments in Yunas Nadi Bulvari, Akarca Mah and our house if directly opposite, you can't miss it.  I will apologise in advance though for the mess, we have the kids with us.
Helen

Offline haino

• Calis Reject
buying in Turkey
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2003, 22:03:11 PM »
Helen

Thanks for your kind invitation. We may be a bit pushed for time on Friday 24th Oct. How about meeting up at the Post Office on Saturday (25th). Hopefully anyone else who is around can meet up with us too. Think you know that the Coventry Kid (Jurgan) and his wife Shirley are there at the same time so hopefully they can make it too.

How about we set up an END OF SEASON GET-TOGETHER. Maybe we will get a few more there. Scunner has posted my photo in 'Members Introductions / Photographs'. Shouldnt have any problem recognising me. Hope you dont think I will frighten the kids.

Gordon

PS Dont be surprised if Scunner deletes this message because he cant make it to the official END OF SEASON GET-TOGETHER  :-\

Offline nelliedeen

buying in Turkey
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2003, 05:46:21 AM »
Hi Gordon and Angie,  Saturday night at the Post Office will be fine, say about 7.00 p.m. It's o.k. my kids don't frighten easily, after all they see me all the time.  If Jurgan and Shirley or anyone else is free, it wil be good to have a trial run of the official owners party next May.

See you Saturday  Helen.

Offline cenk

buying in Turkey
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2003, 07:11:45 AM »
Hi Vera
I am living in Calis also.I want to give you some advice as a civil engineer.Of course you must check about paper works very very carefully as mentioned above.But you must check about quality of construction also.Just one question will help you.Ask to the constructor if they had used ready-mixed concrete or not.Beacuse in Turkey sometimes concrete is being done by old methods and isnt strong enough.
Its only one question to be asked but shows too much on the quality of construction and constructor.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf