Author Topic: new member  (Read 2000 times)

Offline ruby

« on: July 28, 2004, 19:40:57 PM »
i haven't a clue if i am doing this right as i don't know the first thing about computers-a good start!  myself, my husband and daughter are coming out to turkey hopefully on 24th September this year and are looking to buy a property in the Calis Beach area.  we are looking for advice such as reputable estate agents and details re
extra payments/taxes/agents fees that need to be paid on top of the purchase price.  I don't know whether you remember us Roy H or "muppet" whatever you are known as, but we were sat next to you on the plane on 11th june 2004.  Yes the ones with the screaming toddler on the flight!  Sorry about that, she is good normally! Can anyone give us some advice re cheap property to stay at whilst we are in Turkey to view properties?!
Cheers Ruby

Offline Tonya

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 19:48:13 PM »
Hi Ruby, good luck with your search for a property. I would recommend Ten Apartments http://www.tenapartments.com We stayed there in May and they are comfortable, not just basic. We paid £12.50 a night for the 3 bedroomed apartment (not per person), but I think this might have been a discounted price, I'm sure you can negotiate a good price, Talip and Nesrin who own the apartments are lovely people.

Offline ruby

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 19:54:18 PM »
Thanks Tonya, I appreciate the reply although it took me a while to find it! Re your property, what extras did you have to pay on top of the purchase price?
Ruby

Offline june

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 20:19:25 PM »
Hi Ruby and welcome.

I am sure you will find answers to virtually everything to need to know here as I have and everybody is very helpful on the forum.If you use the search facility at the top of the page you will be able to get answers to lots of your questions.

We bought a property last year having visited Calis and fell in love with it, the place is lovely and the people are just delightful. I know you have to be careful but most of the estate agents are reputable.

We paid 3% of the purchase price and about £500 or so on top of that for NOtary  and approx £300 for solictors,you will have to pay again approx as it varies 10-20% deposit on the property, we did everything through the estate agents and they sorted the solicitor etc, I think your best bet is to speak to the estate agent first and they will guide you through everything, costs and all.
Have a good time in September, we will unfortunately miss you as we are out in August and October.
Best Wishes

June

Offline Chris & Patrick

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 20:58:51 PM »
Hi Ruby,

Welcome to the forum. We agree with June you will find all answers to your questions here on the forum, be prepared for a long night and sore fingers as you move from topic to topic to pick up information. We're fairly new too (a month) we've only read good things about Keith (aka Scunner) Heidi & co here on the forum. In fact we had the pleasure of meeting Keith last week when we went over with another company on an inspection trip, He was every bit as helpful & nice (sorry Keith blokes don't like being called nice do they, or is that cute, or both?) lol. Anyway, he's your man, if you require good, down to earth honest dealings with regard to buying propery look no further. Good luck.

Chris & Patrick

Offline Orange

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 07:55:28 AM »
Hi Ruby

Welcome to the forum you will find lots of useful information here. Good luck with your property search in September I am sure you will find something.

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 10:39:26 AM »
Hi Ruby,
Yes I remember you well. No worries about the toddler, it was just such a shame she didn't enjoy the journey.
Since you are now on the forum I can only guess you must have kept the Calis Beach website details I gave you - well done.
Will email you with some suggestions.

Roy

Offline Chudwell

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 17:30:38 PM »
Hi Ruby and welcome, we are also new to the forum and are currently in the process of buying.  We didnt go through Taurean. However, Scunner has given us some great advice. Everyboby says how trustworthy he is and I dont doubt them at all.  If you would like to try another agent, we are buying through Golden Moon (Calis.) When we asked Scunners opinion he stated he new the owner and he was a great bloke who would look after us.  That was good enough for us. Cheers Scunner.

Offline tel

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2004, 17:38:19 PM »
hiya Ruby,
Welcome to the forum.
Tel

Offline ruby

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2004, 19:56:15 PM »
thanks everybody for all the advice which I am sure that we will find very helpful and especially thanks to Roy H who handed me the details of the website.  Look forward to hearing from you Roy.
Ruby

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf