Author Topic: New to this site!  (Read 2855 times)

Offline june

New to this site!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2004, 19:05:35 PM »
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the forum, you will find the answers to most of your questions here as we have, if you click the search facility at the top most topics you want to ask about will I am sure have been asked already and this should help.

We went to Calis for the first time last year and loved the place, the people, the sunset so much we bought an apartment and can't wait until we are back there on 27th August.
Good luck with your property hunting.

Regards

June

Offline sez1

New to this site!
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2004, 19:45:05 PM »
Thanks all, feeling at home already!!I hope ill eventually get to meet some of you one day-its nice to be in contact with so many people that feel the way that i do!

Offline sammyjorush

New to this site!
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2004, 23:35:08 PM »
Hi Sarah

Welcome to the forum, I have made so many friends in such a short time....its great :D..Everyone is so helpful and most of your questions can be answered with a bit of banter in between.....

We first visited Calis 8years ago and have been every year since sometimes 3 and 4 times a year  :)......WE being myself and 3 children ages 6, 9, & 16.....We too are planning to move over in April 2005......

Good luck with everything :D

LOL Samantha

Offline sez1

New to this site!
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2004, 23:54:40 PM »
I would love to move out there but my son has started his GCSE course so i think its a bit unfair to move him.I'm fed up with Britain and I feel its never going to improve!You feel so safe out in Turkey-in Britain the crime rate just gets worse and worse.I worry to death about my kids wenever they go out and feel that Turkey would be a much better place for them to be.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
New to this site!
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2004, 00:56:33 AM »
We too would love to move over for good.
Everything you say is true Sarah, Britain is now full of thug culture and I can only see it getting worse.
Our daughter too has just started her GCSE course, so we've a few years yet before it can even be considered.
Unhappily we'll just have to make do with visits in the meantime.
Anne

Offline Orange

New to this site!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2004, 07:19:46 AM »
Hi Sarah

Welcome - good luck with the property hunt in october - and enjoy your holiday too.  The more you visit the stronger that magnet will get !!

Offline june

New to this site!
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2004, 10:41:54 AM »
We only visited once and we were completely hooked!, we bought a property that week....we go back to see the finished thing in August and then again in October..can't wait.

June

Offline sez1

New to this site!
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2004, 16:57:51 PM »
Maybe we'll see you in October then June we're out on 22nd but staying in olu deniz to see friends.Do you have any children?

Offline Franny

New to this site!
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2004, 16:14:54 PM »
Hello Sarah and welcome.
I too would love to move to Chalis but my daughter is 14 and will be doing her exams next year and my son is 18 and has an apprentiship as a plumber to finish off so my husband and I wont be able to move for a good few years.
I also agree that this country (UK) is going down the nick what with council tax rising and water rates .... we are just taxed to death here!
The crime rate is getting out of control too. A young lad who comes in my shop for his breakfast was telling me that his mate got shot outside the pub the other day and luckily for him he survived as the bullet went staight thru him just missing his heart, now that is scarey! I dont even go out to town anymore as it is not safe. I wont even go to the cinema as you just meet drunken yobs on the way home.
Thats what I really liked about going to the cinema in Fethiye...there was no drunken people around...we didnt see any drunken youths at all...they all seem to be so well behaved dont they?
Anyway I have rambled on enuff...must be excited about my weeks break!
Franny
xxxx

Offline Franny

New to this site!
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2004, 16:17:00 PM »
P.S.
Cant see myself cancelling Florid and the Bahamas tho lol!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf