Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Mushtaq

Hello
« on: October 15, 2003, 21:07:51 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Mushtaq, I am married with 2 grown up kids, my wife's name is Anne. We have been wanting to find a nice warm place to buy a holiday home and where we could retire to, when the time is right.

I have been looking at the forum and found lot of useful information.

I am very interested in looking at properties in the region. I would like to retire there one day, in the meantime use it for holidays and letting to family and friends.

I have a few questions, and would welcome any feedback from anyone.

1. Has anyone had any experience of crime there (break-ins etc.)
2. Anyone spent the longer than a couple of months, is it suitable to live there for the whole year.
3. Would it be possible to create a list of recommended agents there.

I am planning to go there for a few days by the end of the month, to get a feel for the place, and maybe look at some suitable properties.

Any recommendations of places to stay, and a contact who might be able to take me around the area amd see the properties, and give impartial advice.

Any advice always welcome.

Offline haino

• Calis Reject
Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 22:45:49 PM »
Mushtaq and Anne

Welcome to the forum. Like you we are looking to buy a property.

We are going to Calis later this month to have a look.

As we are novices we are not able to make recommendations but "we know a man who can".  Watch this space we are sure you will get lots of good advice. We certainly have.

What dates do you plan to be in Turkey?

Regards

Gordon and Angie

Offline Mushtaq

Hello
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 22:51:37 PM »
Hello haino,

I was thinking of going next week-end, the prices look fairly good from Gatwick, under £100 for return flight.

I plan to go own my own to have a look around, and if it looks as if the area is right then we may go during xmas holiday.

It would be good to compare notes, and meet up if possible.

Regards
Mushtaq

Offline haino

• Calis Reject
Hello
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2003, 23:05:46 PM »
Mushtaq
Sent you an email.
Gordon

Offline cenk

Hello
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 06:10:44 AM »
Hi Mushtaq
As a civil engineer , I have some small advices for you.Everybody thinks that if paperworks is perfect , everything is ok.Okey its a must but you must also check the construction.You can do it about tiles ,paint etc. by your eyes but about strenght , you cant do by your eyes.Okey you are not an engineer , you cant control the project or iron inside of concrete but always ask to the constructor or seller if they used ready mixed concrete or not.Its only one question but shows too much on the quality of construction and constructor because its more expensive but at least 4 times stronger than other way.And if you have suspect about their answers you can ask for test reports of concrete.They must have it, if they used ready mixed concrete.Minimun concrete quality must be C 20 that means concrete can carry 20 Newton/mm2 or 250 kg/cm2.Under laboratory conditions it musnt be under 280 kg/cm2.You can read them on reports very easily.

Offline Mushtaq

Hello
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 09:13:05 AM »
Thanks Cenk,

That was one of my concernes, the quality of build, and if the buildings are made to new specifications to withstand earthquakes. I remembered there was some legistlation about this after the last quake in Turkey, that caused a lot of damage, because the buildings were not built with proper materials etc.

What is your expert opinion?

Offline cenk

Hello
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 10:49:15 AM »
Hi Mustaq
You are right.There is legistlation about that and now its running.
There is nothing to be afraid if you live in a strong house which is built how it has to be.For ex I remember an earthquake in Japan some weeks ago it was nearly same as our earlier big one ,
but only 1-2 people died (one of them because of heartattack)
We have a saying , earthquake doesnt kill , building kills.Thats what we faced in that big earthquake.I saw too much bad materials used in that damaged houses , shells in concrete etc.
If you think to buy a finished house , dont think that its impossible to control it.There are some methods for it.At least you can make the the concrete to be controlled by some special instruments.Its very easy and you can get the results in 10 minutes.After that earthquake every constructors became more carefull and sensitive and building standarts got higher.
For me , project,quality of concrete and iron , application is more important than the quality of tiles , doors ,windows ,door handles etc.
I will be happy to answer your further questions

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf