Author Topic: new forum for residents  (Read 3077 times)

Offline quarkcom

new forum for residents
« on: August 10, 2004, 20:26:33 PM »
Hi just to let you know there is a new forum for expats living in Turkey. similar to the great calis beach forum but you get to post with other expats from all over Turkey.

Edited by Crabbit
Introduce yourself 1st & then maybe you can post another forums address

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
new forum for residents
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 14:50:27 PM »
LOL

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
new forum for residents
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 15:05:14 PM »
Oooh he went back to "the other forum" to slag us off!

As Crabbit says, it is good manners to introduce yourself, maybe help out a few people with some answers, that sort of thing, not diving straight in advertising your interests.

Call it foreplay if you are cynical

Scunner

Offline agazina

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 15:39:18 PM »
of course I went to slag you off as you didnt even give me a chance to defend myself. you have endorsed advertising of this forum on mymerhaba so why cant it be done in yours? or do you have a double standards policy? besides I am not interested in poaching your potential customers. I have no interest in real estate I was just looking to see if people wanted to communicate with the many expats that live up in istanbul and ankara. its only a simple yahoo group for people who live in Turkey not for those that come here on vacation. If this post is left here and not edited then at least you have given me the chance to defend myself. But I suppose this will go down as another name for you to blok out to go with the other 2.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
new forum for residents
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 15:58:47 PM »
This is not about stealing customers, it is about manners. You did not find any reason to post here in all the time it has been in existance, didn't feel the need to say hello, didn't feel the need to answer any questions that members might have had over the last 12 months, but felt an overwhelming desire to bowl straight in spamming your website.

Your post can stay here, funny that you mention we have blocked out 2 names, when you run to bleat to a forum that has blocked out dozens. Dozens of lucky people IMHO.

As for endorsing promotiong this forum at "mymerhaba" I have never been on that site in my life, and our stats show that a total of 0 people have come here from there. That's 0 out of 1,000,000 hits in July, and not one since day one in August 2003.

Scunner

Offline agazina

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 16:20:54 PM »
well your stats are wrong because if you care to look I came over to this site from mymerhaba thanks to your curtious posts there.
as for helping people out if you care to look I posted 40 posts since august 2 under my other screen name and you know that as you blocked that screen name aswell. I used a different name as I work at the office and at home you know that when you log into this forum from another computer it doesnt remember your password, and I dont have time at work to look after a group.
I sent you an email and said I was sorry but you replied by locking me out and not bothering to reply to my email. If you bothered to look at the group you would see I stand to gain no profit from spamming as I dont sell anything on there.
anyway I said I was sorry but you blocked me out which gave me a good reason to slag you off as you couldnt be bothered to email me back.
lets see how long it will take for you to lock this name out.

Offline agazina

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 16:30:58 PM »
just one more thing. I dont even advertise the removal company I work for on this group either.

Offline Bradley

new forum for residents
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 16:31:10 PM »
I thought this wasn't a chat site.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 16:31:40 PM by Bradley »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
new forum for residents
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 17:11:20 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by agazina

well your stats are wrong because if you care to look I came over to this site from mymerhaba thanks to your curtious posts there.

I haven't posted there. I haven't been there.

quote:
as for helping people out if you care to look I posted 40 posts since august 2 under my other screen name and you know that as you blocked that screen name aswell. I used a different name as I work at the office and at home you know that when you log into this forum from another computer it doesnt remember your password, and I dont have time at work to look after a group.

We have 700+ members who haven't been locked out - you say you have been locked out twice, could it possibly be you who is posting stuff we don't want here? I have no idea who you were before, do you think I'm Paul Daniels?

quote:
I sent you an email and said I was sorry but you replied by locking me out and not bothering to reply to my email. If you bothered to look at the group you would see I stand to gain no profit from spamming as I dont sell anything on there.
anyway I said I was sorry but you blocked me out which gave me a good reason to slag you off as you couldnt be bothered to email me back.
lets see how long it will take for you to lock this name out.

I don't recall getting an email saying anyone was sorry, believe that or not I couldn't care less. I don't have any issue with people mentioning their own sites here but they need to abide by the rules both here and in ettiquette generally.

And as for 'lets see how long it will take for you to lock this name out' - you have a bit of "previous" so that is entirely in your hands. I have said your post (above) can stay, I won't reply to this subject again and if you act in a way that is not in the interests of this site and its members you will be locked out again.

Let's watch and see which way it goes eh?

Scunner

Offline agazina

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 17:49:16 PM »
Just to show I have been helpful these are a list of posts I answered to:

importing personal belongings, satelite tv, earthquake, driving to Turkey, check list, passports,looking to buy, turkish in 3 hours and turkish baths.

As I have been here for 12 years (apart from 2 yrs in UK) I feel I can help people in these posts which I have replied to. So why is yildizkapisi locked out?
as for the email I sent to you this morning try again looking in your inbox but at *******@sumerman.com.tr because it is there.
if you open yildizkapisi up I will consider this subject closed and carry on helping people out like I have done before.
again I said sorry to you in the email and I am saying sorry to you again here in public and thankyou for giving me the space to defend myself.

steve

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf