Author Topic: Inroduction  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Inroduction
« on: April 30, 2005, 21:15:41 PM »
I have joined this forum so I can explore the dream of buying a home in Turkey. I am 3 years off retirement and hope it might come sooner. Doing this feels a bit scary as I can think of lots of good reasons for not going ahead but on the other hand there are lots of reasons for making it happen. So I hope the forum will help keep me motivated and help me gain a better understanding of what to expect wartsd and all! So as the advert yes it is good to chat. Stuart

Offline oaklands

Inroduction
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 21:27:53 PM »
Hi Stuart, welcome to the forum. Im a newbie on here too m8 but you will find that people are very helpfull and have a great sense of humour on this site.Please dont hesitate to look at my profile and see the link to our place in Turkey and our experiences if it helps.
We also found the thought of buying very daunting but omg its been well worth it and im sure Scunner (Kieth) Site owner will give you sound unbiased and knowledgable advice, should you decide to persue a purchase of turkish property.
Darren and Lynda

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Inroduction
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 22:37:59 PM »
DO NOT EXPLORE THE DREAM..... GO FOR IT!!!!The sooner you do it the longer you have to enjoy it :) and there is no doubt you will.

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Inroduction
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 22:52:20 PM »
I think most of us felt like that before we took the plunge

You've come to the right place, plenty of advice and experience

Just dive in

Steve

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Inroduction
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 01:01:07 AM »
Hi Stuart
We only live once so get yerself on a plane and spend yer money!
Good luck
Anne

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Inroduction
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 01:34:45 AM »
Oh my God! My husbands name is Stuart Barnes, he's 2 years off early retirement and we bought a house in Calis a year ago and are just about to take our first holiday in it. Go for it Stuart! My Stuart is a financial advisor and we have been cautious all our lives - till we fell in love with Turkey! Then we decided to go for it and blow caution to the wind! With the fantastic help from Heidi and Keith we bought our place in the sun and maybe hopefully our future home. All I know is that we live for our visits to Turkey and the bits in between are just life thats to be got through.:(

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
Inroduction
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 05:47:52 AM »
Hi Stuart, welcome to the forum. I wish you well and can only agree with the other members by suggesting that you turn your dream into reality. We bought a house last year in Calis and have had no regrets.
Pete and Sue

Offline brummyboy

• Crocodile Dudlee
Inroduction
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2005, 09:07:19 AM »
hi valentine,well said.
i can only agree with you .
 i have a small buisness and had been struggling to find motivation ,since buying my apartment i have been injected with a new spark. i can't wait to get back i,m going over in 2 weeks then i,m going over with the family 2 weeks after that.
so stuart get bit by the bug and i'm sure you wont regret it!!!!!!!!
all the best brum...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 09:11:32 AM by brummyboy »

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Inroduction
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 12:42:39 PM »
brummyboy nice to hear from you when are you coming over have you some dates, could meet up for a few scoops of efes,rob

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Inroduction
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2005, 17:08:05 PM »
I will get the hang of this-I am finding the site very interesting. Fancy another Stuart Barnes. Your husband does not have an indeticcal Twin called Michaeal does he. I do! Thanks for your reply.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf