Author Topic: Hello...........  (Read 4669 times)

Offline xanadu

Hello...........
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2003, 20:28:28 PM »
Hi Dino
I can understand your reticence about coming adn indeed as a british resident here, it would be stupid to dismiss it. But I have regular e mails with the British  Consolate and the worst is really not to go via Istanbul. We are tucked away on the south east and whilst it doesnt pay to be too laid back I am pretty sure we are ok .
Have a fabulous holiday and happy house hunting.......as you have read probably I am an agent , if you need advice e mail me and I will meet up with you.
take care

Offline Dino

Hello...........
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2003, 20:57:31 PM »
Thanks Xanadu
I'm still 'monitoring the situation' more to keep the peace and add some reassurance to the inlaws, but it's only been 2 days and the foreign office has to be cautious and issue the appropriate warnings. (could be doing with a spell checker here)
Thanks for the offer of advice, I'll drop you a line soonest

Offline cenk

Hello...........
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2003, 05:41:15 AM »
Hi Dino
Welcome to site.
You pointed about a good subject.Banks
I want to warn people here about being careful on choosing their Turkish banks.I cant say our bank system is very safe.
Beware of small banks which are giving higher interest than big ones
There are also very reliable and safe banks here , they are the big ones and everybody knows about them
I can give you the safe banks' names that have branches in Fethiye.Akbank , Kocbank , Isbankasi.
They are the safest ones in Turkey.They can only go bankrupt in case Turkey goes bankrupt
Cenk

Offline 5neeky

Hello...........
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2003, 16:31:02 PM »
Hi Dino,

My advice.......

You don't have much day light at this time of the year to see places so you will need to be as efficient as you can and plan your time carefully.

Make sure you get at least 3 different agents to show you what's around. Get them to show you the details of the places before you set off to view as you may find they intend to take you to places you have already viewed with another agent.

Accept that the Turkish are hospitable and don't rush around like we do in the UK - enjoy the tea and the chat.

Make sure you have access to your money or bring it with you (cash/credit cards) because, if you do find a place you want, you'll need to pay for things like power of attorney and possibly a deposit. You'll also want some cash (albiet not much) to set up your Turkish Bank account.

For the power of attorney you'll need some passport photos of yourselves. Of course, you can get these done in Turkey but it saves time if you have them already.

PS I'm going out on the 9th too.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hello...........
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2003, 16:43:15 PM »
Very good advice 5neeky, covers all the main requirements - I'd also say make the 2 or 3 agents you visit ones that have been recommended by others who went out before you. This should safeguard you from 'sharp' practices.

Scunner

Offline 5neeky

Hello...........
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2003, 21:43:56 PM »
Dino,

Gatwick

8)

Offline ticker

Hello...........
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2003, 21:53:58 PM »
Hi we were also in Kemer 5 years ago and i agree what a lovely place i am sure you will love it we would love to go back and visit one day

Offline Dino

Hello...........
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2003, 22:06:44 PM »
Eee buy gum, I just can't wait and I think others are starting to get that feeling too.
I've been told to ask what the shopping is like in the winter!
So.
Whats the shopping like in the winter? (please make it sound good)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hello...........
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2003, 22:08:39 PM »
Good

Offline Dino

Hello...........
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2003, 21:12:12 PM »
OK Scunner I asked for that one.

I was going to comment on the woopsy by pearl but I thought you would edit them out and turn the table on me.
You might yet....It's enough to make one paraniod, no wonder most readers think the members are all mad.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf