Author Topic: INTRODUCTION  (Read 6054 times)

Offline nelliedeen

INTRODUCTION
« on: September 04, 2003, 08:22:37 AM »
My name is Helen and am married to Bill, we have three children ages 29, 27 and 23 and 8 grandchildren, ages ranging from 1 to 9.  We live in Cardiff Wales and own our home in Calis with my sister Pat and her husband John.  Bill is the Manager of a residential home for people with a Mental health illness, and I am Senior Care Manager for a Domicilliary Care Agency. We visited Turkey last year along with 12 others, for the first time with some trepidation, we only went there because the price was right.  We didn't know then that it would change our life completely and that we would meet so many friends as a result. Within two weeks of returning we had all booked to go again this September to (sorry for this swear word Scunner - Icmeler), but then decided we wanted to buy a property abroad, I suggested Turkey, he agreed, and Bobs your Uncle, Jacks your Dad, you all know the rest.  With the help of you all we were led to Calis and just fell in love with the area, the people and everything. We have now cancelled (here it is again Icmeler) and all 33 of us descend on Calis on 19th of this month.  It can't come soon enough.  All being well we will have to have a house warming party and everyone welcome.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
INTRODUCTION
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2003, 08:47:41 AM »
I will forgive the occasional mention of THAT word.

Well I suppose I'll introduce myself, not that many people don't know me.

I'm married to the current wife, Steph, and have been for 11 long years. We live in Leighton Buzzard in Bedfordshire, the thinking mans' Luton.

I work for a coatings company as project manager, my latest project being the new Wembley stadium, so if it rusts it's my fault. Steph used to work for bra & skimp company Gossard, but retired to bring up our twin girls, Robyn & Abbie. They are coming up 3 (in October).

I bought twice in Calis and run www.calisvilla.co.uk - I can advertise because I pay for the bandwidth so no arguments please  :)

Scunner

Offline bwfcsue1968

INTRODUCTION
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2003, 09:29:36 AM »
hi all...my name is sue , im from bolton nw. (the place with the greatest football team...lol!) im 35 , happily divorced with two children aged 13 n 10. i went to calis beach in july, what an absolutley bloody lovely place .....that sunset !!!!!!!!!!!! wow ! rol on next year ! keep up the good work with this site everyone !

Offline col-anna

INTRODUCTION
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2003, 09:50:14 AM »
My name is Colin iam married to Anna, we live in Halifax West Yorkshire, Anna works as a secretary and iam in the Fire service. I first went to Hisaronu/Olu deniz about 9 years ago and really enjoyed myself, we have been back several times since, the last time being June this year. This is when we made the spur of the moment decision and decided to purchase an apartment in Ovacik, its on a complex called the Olive grove.We fly out tommorow (5/9/03) to go shopping to furnish the apartment, this will also be the first time we will have seen it completed (nervous),iam sure everything will be okay. Thank you to scunner and others who have posted info for us on other sites, we have already booked to go out to Turkey on boxing day and return on the 3 Jan, it would be nice to meet up with anyone who is over there at the same time.Finally a question for scunner,Do we get invites to the Calis villas owners parties  ;)  :).

Offline AitchCeeJay

INTRODUCTION
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2003, 10:21:27 AM »
Hi All
My name is Howard. I am a system developer for a large insurance company.  We live in Stalybridge Cheshire.  I am married to Val and we have 2 grown up kids and too many Grankids. We have been all over Turkey, Kusadasi, Dalyan, Istanbul,Alanya, Kas, Hisaranou and last but not least Calis.  We went to Calis for the first time last year.  We fell in love with the place straight away so much so that we bought our first house there.  In fact we like it so much we are considering buying another one.  I am really looking forward to contributing to this forum and wish it every success.

Offline terry

• Traitor
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2003, 10:45:16 AM »
Here goes :D :  Well I'm Terry, always have been and always will be! Disabled law grad partnered with John, I have 3 kids, 21, 14 and nearly 3 and John has two, my youngest and another 14 year old....well we know who's is who's.:P I worked in Turkey many years ago though in Istanbul and Ankara and have to say city life is very different.

We went looking at properties in Kusadasi in July and came away having secured the one we wanted while we sell our house here. That's in the final stages now and I should be out again the next few weeks to complete on the villa before coming back to complete here so we can make the final move.

Although you are all Calis orientated I'll have a Kusadasi site/forum up later which I hope will coexist mutually. I'll know I'll be visiting the old scun once we're settled and he can come visit us to take in the delights of Guzel Camli. 8)

Offline Marly

INTRODUCTION
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2003, 13:49:38 PM »
Hello everyone my name is Marlene married to Paul who is a Long Distance Lorry Driver working mostly abroad, I work part time as a Home Help and in between am Mum indoors to help sort out the various and numerous problems of life LOL  We live in Herne Bay Kent and Have 1 daughter Emma married with 2 lovely grandchildren Robert 7 and madam Katie who,s 4, My son who is still single lives in London but prior to him starting College in October as a mature student has yet again gone walkabout!!!! this time with his girlfriend last heard of they were in Laos!!!! Like so many of you who love Turkey as we do to, decided that last year the time was right for us to purchase our own Villa and buying in Calis was a great decision, especially now there are quite a few of us who have also done the same it,s so great to meet and speak to other like minded people, feel that we are part of a real community. Just looking forward to the time when we can actually Retire to our place in the Sun

Marly

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
INTRODUCTION
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2003, 16:38:36 PM »
Colin

You will be very welcome at the May party, as long as you don't mind being surrounded by people banging on & on about how great Calis is!

I suppose I should add a thread with all the dates & details.

Scunner

Offline Jane

INTRODUCTION
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2003, 16:40:12 PM »
Hi my name is Jane my husbands name is Terry we have a 10yr old daughter named Rhianna. I work for Social services in a residential unit for 4 young people Terry has his own accident repairs buisness.  we have just bought our villa this year in the Calis area. we live in the middle of derbyshire in a small town called Belper (where they make Thorntons chocolates) After visiting Turkey for the last 10years on and off but always in oludeniz area. We originally bought with the idea of letting it when we were not using it ourselves,but after putting in a lot of time and effort into furnishing it to how we wanted it decided not to let it at all. We may change our mind at a later date. Like many of you we eventualy want to retire to turkey

Offline jimrb26

INTRODUCTION
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2003, 19:01:57 PM »
Hi everybody in the process of furnishing a property in Calis recently brought with some friends and the wife. Going across to Calis in October to buy the furniture. I work for a lift company in Hampshire. My names Jim and my wife is Susan. Got 2 boys 17 and 19. With a bit of luck we may meet some of you when we go over in October.
Jimbo(:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf