Author Topic: new members-almost again!  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Carpete

new members-almost again!
« on: January 18, 2004, 10:15:20 AM »
Thanks everyone for your replies and welcomes. Sitting back home in Norfolk it all seems rather unreal? Is this a normal feeling!!!! One query I would like some help with, well two really. Does anyone else have any knowledge of the company Returk and 2. we have been asked for a sum to renovate by the company before we have the  actual title deeds but we do have a contract signed at the Notaries regarding the purchase price. etc.  and have paid our deposit. Is this a common procedure? Advice please?

Offline Harley

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 11:21:14 AM »
Hi Pete...  

I personally would be inclined to wait...  Mind you this is all new to me having only just brought a property myself...

It might pay you to email Scunner directly...he should be able to give you some advice...

Harley

P.S   Glad to hear i'm not the only member from Norfolk:D:D:D:D

Offline Carpete

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 12:24:28 PM »
Thanks Harley. I have! Where are you in Norfolk? We're 20 mins drive north of Norwich. I guesse you know there will be flights from Norwich to Dalaman later in the year? Not cheap but no overnights stops and car parking charges! Twinkle and Pete.

Offline Harley

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2004, 13:01:00 PM »
Hi Pete

We're in Great Yarmouth....

I've just booked 2 flights from Norwich to Dalaman from the 7th - 21st May...  Managed to get a bargain through www.mytravel.com  
and it only cost us £397.96. The flight times are brilliant as well...

It works out cheaper than flying from London once you add on the parking and petrol...  

I've just been on their site and they are still some seats left on our flight if you fancy a holiday in May....

If you are interested...  i suggest you ring them directly on 0870 238 7777.  Tell them you've seen flights for £214 each with DIRECT HOLIDAYs, but the site keeps crashing....  They will then give you the online discount...

Harley

Offline Senga

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2004, 21:21:43 PM »
Pete/Harley,

I was going to ask if there were any closet East Anglians on the site - plenty from the West Country and Yorkshire, but no one had admitted to Norfolk - now there's two in one day!  Dad and I are just north of Beccles.

Congratulations on your new villa Pete.  Dad and I looked with Returk in November, though they didn't have anything Dad wanted at the time. I think Dogan is a member on the forum - Dvarli.

Dad's back in Calis next week to look again - he fancied one of the villa's you bought Harley, until Cenk broke the news that you and Mark & Mary beat him to them!

Harley - My brother manages the internet team for MyTravel.....I can tell him there are website problems?!?  Actually, he looks after the Panoramam/Manos bit, not Direct Holidays, so unfortunately no flight discounts.....before anyone asks!  

Senga

Offline Harley

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2004, 22:15:08 PM »
Blimey Senga... you're only 15 minutes down the road from us... :o

You obviously didn't read my introduction...  I did mention in lived in Norfolk, although i didn't say where...  Not because I'm ashamed, but i don't think there is anything great about Great Yarmouth...

Oh by the way...  i wasn't telling a fib...  I honestly couldn't book the flights on the net as it kept crashing or what ever you call it.  They've obviously got a problem cos' my computer was working properly...  Bonus cos' it worked out in my favour...:P

Come on guys.... Who else is going to own up of being form Norfolk...

We should have a get together and practice our drinking skills.... ;)
Says she that can only manage a half a shandy....

Harley

Offline Carpete

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2004, 23:26:26 PM »
Hi Senga, good to hear from you. Thanks for the flight info and the web address Harley. Sadly we can't get over in May, may have to be Gatwick to Dalaman early April. It would be great to share a raki or two!  In haste, happy week! Peter and Twinkle.:D

Offline Senga

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2004, 13:11:16 PM »
Harley,

I have to confess I didn't read your introduction, but I have now. Mine got wiped out by a server crash some months back!  I'm afraid I'd have to agree with you about Gt Yarmouth....

A week with Heidi and you can still only manage half a shandy?  Sounds like you need to spend a bit more time in Turkey!

All, A get together sounds good. If Dad finds a place on this trip (fingers crossed) you can share villa buying stories...

Senga

Offline tel

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2004, 19:43:17 PM »
hey guys....whats this link with Norfolk and Turkey?
Tel
it all gobblegook to me

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf