Author Topic: Bug going around  (Read 2095 times)

Offline kizkucuk

Bug going around
« on: July 27, 2011, 21:14:09 PM »
I know a couple of people who have had very upset tummies over the last few days....... put it down to dehydration, over eating and drinking.....but became a victim of the bug yesterday - definitely not over eaten and no alcohol ......... pharmacist sold me some loperimide and feeling a bit better today - my husband has come home tonight and told me that lots of people have been to the hopsital with it and that they are advising people not to drink tap water unless it is boiled - not sure whether this is another Calis myth or fact.  Anyway thought I would pass it on just in case.  If you are one of those people who have been to hospital perhaps you could clarify what you have been told.   Thanks

Offline Julesp

Bug going around
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 22:35:00 PM »
Dont know anyone who has visited the hospital but a couple of friends have been ill recently with something that sounds similar, theyve lived here for a while so dont think its holiday tummy.Ive also felt a little *off* but fingers crossed ok, lets hope it isnt a virus because it could ruin many peoples holiday and will be bound to be an excuse that Turkish food is bad :-\

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Bug going around
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 00:00:37 AM »
there is a virus here in our neck of the woods, hubbie and grandaughter have had it and the local hospital is closed to visitors due to a virus:(
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:29:35 AM by puma »

Offline kizkucuk

Bug going around
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 06:57:43 AM »
I've been here nearly 2 years so can't attribute mine to holiday tummy........................ don't know what it is but it was truly horrible for 24 hours and I've still not got any appetite.

Offline grizabella

Bug going around
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 07:58:37 AM »
Just had word about one of my friends who had to go to the Esnaf after of a week of feeling very poorly and tests confirmed a bowel infection.Not a very pleasant way to lose a few kilos!

Offline screamlead

Bug going around
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 15:17:47 PM »
Sounds like a mains water line been infected as fethiye water is treated - not like us in the sticks. We had a problem a while back with a burst pipe going under my villa right where the previous owner kept her rat infested goat shed - hence we both got deli belly before rerouting pipework.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf