Author Topic: KTHY Flights suspended  (Read 22941 times)

Offline ortaca7

KTHY Flights suspended
« on: June 22, 2010, 12:06:28 PM »
looks like kthy have hit the skids with all flights suspended according to their website
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 12:43:45 PM by ortaca7 »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 12:17:57 PM »
At the bottom:

Dear Passengers;
Our web page is under construction for new updates. For information and help, please call (+90 216) 444 5849 Call Center. Thank You.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 13:07:24 PM »
According to Cyprus press all KTHY flights are grounded at Ercan as of this morning and there is also a strike of airport workers.  Kthy was looking for partners and a bid had been submitted by Atlas.  However five people have apparently been arrested for stealing the bid!  You wouldn't believe it really.

Offline blueclad

KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 13:15:29 PM »
If you go onto google  for EG put in KTHY  scroll down to News KTHY there is more info about them .
im unable to add a lnk on here.
Ron..

if anyone is stuck for fri 2 july from Dalaman to Gatwick due to KTHY . Pegasus have seats @ 112 TL one way [ about £49]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 13:23:55 PM by blueclad »

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 13:54:40 PM »
I have just spoken to the office in the UK, they say there are talks ongoing with ground staff, who are on strike, I was told to call back Friday they will have more information she did not think there would be a problem with my families flight on the 3rd July
Mark

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 14:54:47 PM »
Oh great! There are several of us booked on these flights mid august for a family wedding in Calis! Lets hope they get their act together soon .
Suppose we are in limbo at the moment as our flights havent been cancelled yet we will have no recourse to insurance in order to book an alternative?

Offline blueclad

KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 18:46:47 PM »
We know quite a few people who have travelled or about to travel with them , The Foreign Office web site states that all KTHY flights are Suspended for 3 Months from 22 June, the info also states that Pegasus Airlines May take on all bookings.

2 numbers given for info.
 CTA on +90329 228390/83045/71706.
 Pegasus +90352 2287311 .

many  travel insurances have Airline Failure sections which may cover losses likewise C/C payments under section 75.
There was also a £2 charge included in KTHY prices for airline failure quite how you can claim i dont know as yet.

were lucky we returned on friday with them , fingers crossed for all those caught up in this mess.

If any consolation there are loads of very cheap flights from many uk and glasgow airports from as low as £ 94 return for departures in the next 2 weeks or so on Airflights web page

Offline daveG

KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 19:34:36 PM »
We arrived back into Mch 19th June after a good flight and on time.
We did make enquiries with various agents in fethiye prior to our flight and referred to my concern as per my posting (on the 11th)no-one was aware of any problems.
Atlas Jet who have a major stakeholding in Nth Cyprus and who did say they wanted to be involved in the day-today running of the business.After a period of time handing back the co. in a better financial state than it is currently.
Unfortunately politics are coming into place and certain interested parties do not wish this to happen as they feel that the state owned co. will fall into private hands
Atlas stated this would support their interests and not look at it as a quick profit making exercise.

Offline julesbob0303

KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 22:25:12 PM »
OMG, we have flights booked out on 30th July for a month, with family arriving a week or so later (NOT booked with KTHY). Our daughter arrives on 5th August for a week (again NOT with KTHY).  I can see everyone being there, except us!  :(

Keep us informed Ron (looked out for you at the airport end of May, but didn't recognise you from your avatar photo!  hope you had a great holiday   :) )

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 06:40:08 AM »
Look on www.kthy.net There is a statement from the airline (In English)which sounds optimistic in the medium/long term but I think there are going to be problems if your flights are imminent.  My Flights are October so I am hopeful something will be sorted by then.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 06:41:18 AM by tribalelder »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf