Author Topic: Fly Thomas Cook cockups  (Read 1614 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Fly Thomas Cook cockups
« on: August 16, 2011, 18:07:11 PM »
Booked our flights today, awful flight time but what the heck.
Clicked on the flight I wanted, not a problem, completed the form and filled payment details, checked dates flight times etc and clicked confirm, The next page confirmed the date for 8 weeks in advance (about the time we are returning)!  
Telephoned TC within minutes and they changed it immediately with no charges incurred, great what fantastic people Thomas cook are.

How wrong, signed into TC to print off the tickets and not a problem with the date (the one I wanted) but, this time we have no luggage allowance paid for! yet the booking form & email clearly shows we have this. tried contacting again, no luck, tried emailing and got back an email confirming everything that I have already including luggage yet still not showing up on the ticket.

So, do I turn up at the airport with luggage, confirmation of luggage paid for and tickets showing no luggage?

I think their systems have a gremlin today, they were far too quick to change details and not asking for money.

[?]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 18:40:06 PM by loz »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Fly Thomas Cook cockups
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 19:30:48 PM »
Yes I'd just turn up and give them the confirmation Loz - we've had all sorts with TC - on one occasion they had no record of the two kids bookings, even though they had us two down for the flight - and even though it was all booked in one go and I had the confirmation in my hand. They couldn't argue really and in fairness didn't  :)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Fly Thomas Cook cockups
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 20:37:49 PM »
Its bloady ridiculous, so I will turn up at the airport and say "Scunner says it is ok" if this don't work I will have to take Gordon's leash off...: :) ;):D[:o)]

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Fly Thomas Cook cockups
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 21:00:43 PM »
See, I just knew I would get left to sort it !!  : :)

Offline corbindallas

Fly Thomas Cook cockups
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 12:05:18 PM »
We seem to have a problem with Pegasus and Thomas Cook when it comes to children included on tickets, with Pegasus they sorted it out after a short delay and wrote a manual ticket for our child but on Monday just gone TC at Dalaman seemed to have missed off a few children on their flight with Onur Air and we and others with children had to wait until everyone else had checked in before we were issued our boarding tickets, we had it booked and printed off on our confirmations so can't understand why they did not have them on the flight schedule, even more of a miff is we have to pay adult fares for them now so really should be just another passenger! Loz as Keith say's if you have it on your confirmation somewhere then it really should be no prob, they do seem hit and miss with their booking slips at the mo, guess the Aegean knock on is partly to blame as they are sub contracting to Onur Airlines who have different allowances etc to TC. On another point mentioned before on CBF we have said how expensive Dalaman airport is for food and drink but on Onur Airlines I could not believe that they were charging €3 for a small bottle of water on the plane which was the cheapest drink you could get, talk about got you by the short and curlies!!:-\

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Fly Thomas Cook cockups
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 13:11:42 PM »
I was left off the passenger manifest for the return flight from Dalaman in June. My wife's name was there matched againts a stranger. A few worrying minutes but I was allowed on. The flight(Onur Air)was half full but I wonder what would have happened had all seats been filled.

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
Fly Thomas Cook cockups
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 14:51:22 PM »
Yep, I've had similar experience to you Loz and as Scunner said, turn up and I'm confident you won't have any issues.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Fly Thomas Cook cockups
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 16:28:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Steve B

Yep, I've had similar experience to you Loz and as Scunner said, turn up and I'm confident you won't have any issues.

Well that is another on the List
Scunner
Steve B
Say it is Ok for us to take our luggage...lol:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Fly Thomas Cook cockups
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 16:35:20 PM »
If they don't have any record of a Gordon A on their flight list, have a great break  8)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Fly Thomas Cook cockups
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 17:27:34 PM »
I very strongly "resemble" that last remark, Guv'nor!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf