Author Topic: When is a flight time not a flight time?  (Read 1038 times)

Offline scouser2

When is a flight time not a flight time?
« on: September 23, 2011, 17:03:57 PM »
My wife was booked on the 23-10pm Tomson flight from Antalya to Manchester on Tuesday night.After arriving at the airport,(after over 3 hours on the coach, and a taxi ride to the airport) she could not find her flight.She managed to find a Tomson rep who told her that her flight was now the 02-45am flight. My wife said that she had not had any email to tell her of the change of time, and the rep replied that it was posted on the Tomson website at the weekend, to which my wife told her that it wasn't as she had only booked her flight on Sunday afternoon.The rep then told her that they were not checking in until 12-45am.My wife tootled off outside to get a coffee (and a few fags)and at 11-30 was stunned to find that they were now checking in her flight. She found out that all the people in the queue were flight only customers, and that the Tomson reps had kept the package holiday customers in their hotels!!
As my wife was in the check in queue, an announcement was made about her flight, but no-one could understand what was being said. When she eventually checked in, she asked the Tomson rep what the announcement was to which he shrugged his shoulders and said I don't know!!
She went back outside for a smoke and another Tomson rep told her that all the passengers would be given Burger King meals when they passed through passport control. A group of them went in and were then told by the staff at Burger King that 90 meals had been given out and that they were too late to have refreshments.
How the hell does Tomson get away with treating their passengers in this way? Why do they have reps at the airport, if they don't have a clue about what is going on, and also have no experience of customer service?
And the icing on the cake was that the flight that should have taken off at 23-10, then changed to 02-45 actually took off at 4-35am!!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 17:07:38 PM by scouser2 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf