Author Topic: Flight Transfers At Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen  (Read 2003 times)

Offline HappyMonday

Flight Transfers At Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen
« on: January 03, 2012, 19:33:11 PM »
On the 17th Jan I am catching a flight from Dalaman to Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen and then another flight to Stanstead.  There is only a 60min transfer time between flights. Has anyone done this transfer before and offer any tips for the transfer (apart from travel light and run fast)? Also - if anyone has missed a transfer before how are Pegasus in this type of situation?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 19:38:50 PM »
You'll be OK. Just make sure that your luggage is labelled at Dalaman for Stansted. That way you won't have to worry about it. It'll be tranferred straight from one plane to the other.

If there's a delay on the domestic flight, they'll hold the flight out of Istanbul for a reasonable time to allow passengers to transfer.

Offline Marg

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 19:51:36 PM »
We were delayed in March going from Stansted to Dalaman.We were told that the plane from Istanbul could be delayed if we were up to half an hour late otherwise we would be put up in a hotel by Pegasus which is what happened.The hotel was at the airport and we were provided with a sandwich and soft drink(extortionate prices for alcohol of course!!)We caught the next flight out in the morning.The downside was that we could not have access to our checked-in luggage so had no toiletries etc.As we are travelling on the same route in March we will be prepared with travel-sized stuff just in case. We had no problems coming back apart from the rush across the airport! When we boarded the connecting plane we still had about 1/2 hour to wait before take-off. There seem to be less problems on the Dalaman to Stansted leg as the domestic flights are not usually  delayed.

Offline fethiyeflo

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 20:34:55 PM »
im on that flight happy monday, i have done it before and it is fine,we dont need to get our luggage or anything

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 21:18:52 PM »
I did that route 3 times last winter, twice without incident. On the 3rd we were delayed roughly 1 hour at Dalaman & were met at the gate in Istanbul by a Pegasus lady, who told the Stansted flight had left without us (around 14 people), & that we would be put into an hotel overnight. It wouldn't have been so bad except that we could hear calls for boarding for the Stansted flight. To make matters even worse, they attempted to put us on the evening flight, & not the morning one, from Istanbul the following day. We strongly suspected that the Stansted flight was overbooked & it was easier for them to bump us off the flight.

I think it's fair to say we kicked off big time & demanded that they put us on the (Sl)Easyjet flight to Luton that evening & that Pegasus foot the bill for the difference in price.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 21:57:00 PM »
Thanks for this advice. Is it plainly signposted where to go as I think that you need to change terminals.

Offline wallace

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 02:19:10 AM »
When you leave the domestic terminal which is on the ground floor just
take the escalator up to the first floor and go straight to passport
control no need to check in again. your luggage is automatically transfered
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 02:22:49 AM by wallace »

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 07:41:52 AM »
Thanks. I thought that you needed to change buildings and also check in again. If not this is much easier.

Offline wallace

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 09:18:22 AM »
No not since the new terminal opened  :)

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 20:52:24 PM »
Thanks Carol

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf