Author Topic: Hand Luggage with Thomas Cook  (Read 4994 times)

Offline grizabella

Hand Luggage with Thomas Cook
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 08:02:59 AM »
Thankyou all for clearing that up for me.My sister is coming over on the 31st of this month.She has never flown before and would hate to cause her any hassle before she boards.Will just have to curtail my duty free requests.I'm surprised Thomas Cook hasnt decided to weigh passengers before and after they check in........oops have I just given them an idea for future fleecing of the public?

Offline hubblebubble

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 09:02:43 AM »
I am not totally sure it is just the greed of the carriers though, looking to book internal flights in the Uk I was quite amazed at how high a proportion of the fare was 'taxes' on top of which the airport itself added a '£5 airport development fee' to be paid by each passenger before security.
personally i think the whole business model is wrong when the airlines are relying on the various 'extras' to generate profit and creating so much customer bad feeling. Is this however partly due to a government that is always looking for the next thing it can 'tax to the hilt' and a paying public who are now desperate to make their hard earned cash go further.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 09:30:16 AM »
If you think that's bad then try Ryanair! Handbag has to go in hand luggage. Weight and size is a must and they will not combine weights for two or more passengers - so you get massive queues whilst people shuffle items between cases so that they are not overweight in one. Ludicrous!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf