Author Topic: wheel chairs at dalaman airport  (Read 2553 times)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
wheel chairs at dalaman airport
« on: August 11, 2019, 16:02:11 PM »
hi all

does anyone know why the lads, who push you in the wheel chair now make you walk out of the airport.
they would not do  this in june or july .
and even after asking to see a manager,who did not even bother to  come 
my 11yrs granddaughter pushed me out then through passport control,then another lad  came back and tried to make me get out i gave him a fiver, then he pushed me to the taxi
for the life of me what is going on,at this airport
i have chronic asthma and bad knees i cannot walk far because of  my conditions, but they were not interested
i have sent a complaint to the airport but had no reply,
any advice on CBF

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: wheel chairs at dalaman airport
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 18:23:31 PM »
It's a good money maker for them.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 22:18:42 PM »
i always gave them a tip never been told to get out of the wheel chair

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 22:30:00 PM »
When the present Mrs H needed a wheelchair at Glasgow Airport the guy who was pushing the wheelchair said he "couldn't" wheel it all the way to the Hotel (approximately 300m) because it would be outwith Airport land.

PS He wheeled it to the hotel.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 22:45:57 PM »
Duplicate post - content deleted

Offline daveG

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 13:14:55 PM »
Puma really sorry to hear of you being abandoned at the  the airport like you were.
Maybe we were fortunate but we can only speak of our experience.
In early April we arrived and departed May and then May until June with no problems,
collected at aircraft door and taken to our transfer vehicle in car park.
Hopefully this was just a blip and your next journey will be uneventful.

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 22:23:59 PM »
We have just had issues with assistance at Dalaman, on arrival all was fine and our man wheeled mom through the airport and right to our waiting transfer with the usual lightening speed (rest of our able bodied party cant keep up lol) but on return it was a different story , a man came over with the wheel chair and a cup of coffee and told my daughter she could push her nan and off he toddled with his coffee, this wasn't a problem we where we are going, but in the departure lounge wheelchair users and carers were taken down to a suttle bus and wheeled to them they asked if she could manage the step which she can (its standing and long distances that are the problem) once on the bus they then let all the other passengers on with them and once at the aircraft it becomes a free for all.
Obviously Mom doesn't move very quickly, she was then left standing on the run way no wheelchair at the very back of the que of people waiting to get on we'd packed her walking stick away so she really struggled.
I voiced my anger at the ground staff who did apologise and said they could of taken her on the hydrolic lift, I said they should of done that in the first place.
I spoke with easyjet staff about making a complaint although not the airlines fault, but you can only do this on line now, so not expecting much response from that.!!
A real let down,in the past at the old Dalaman airport has surpassed our expectations but in the new building we have had 2 poor experiences on departures this year.

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 13:09:32 PM »
Just a heads up to anyone who may need special assistance, once again this has become a real issue, not just a Dalaman but also from our departing airport Bristol.
On arrival at Bristol we parked in an allocated disabled bay at onsite longstay only to find no buses to the terminal are running!!, this was a real struggle for my mom who has breathing and mobilty problems as its a series of steps or ramps. Once inside the airport special assistance was open when I pointed out the struggle mom had faced their reply was yes it is difficult isnt it!!.
Return journey was just as difficult at Dalaman we finaly got a wheelchair after 4 requests (which had been pre booked) it took an hour to arrive while my mom was left standing up waiting. My husband spotted around 30 wheelchairs all behind a secured area he tried to help himself only to be told you cant have one of those they all belong to Turkish Airlines.
Just thought I share as standards have completely gone to pot.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf