Author Topic: Household goods/Residence Visa  (Read 4411 times)

Offline Sus

Household goods/Residence Visa
« on: November 14, 2011, 06:37:18 AM »
Can anyone please tell me, if you get a Residence Permit/Visa but not living in Turkey full time, can you import household goods when you come to reside in Turkey, exp. if you get your Residence Permit/Visa  in July 2012 and then leave the country and  come to reside in Turkey March 2013 will there be any problem in shipping a container of household items over.

Also how long does it take to get a new car registered, can you get the car the same day you purchase it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 08:15:51 AM by Sus »

Offline maecy

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 08:29:50 AM »
For a car you can certainly complete the purchase in a day (it took us 40 minutes) However if you buy a car registered to a turkish owner you have to have the number plates changed to foreign ones. You have a month to do this but someone else will have to tell you ho long this takes as my car isn't registered in Mugla (though we did the buying and selling paperwork here).

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 08:59:32 AM »
You need to speak to a company that specializes in shipping to Turkey - there are many laws - you can't be here too long in and you have to ship withing a certian time of taking up residence - whether that is just the permit or literal residence I don't know.  Also you permit has to have over a year on it when you ship so 2 years minimum.  Bonners were very helpful when I moved and I'm sure others can recommend other companies.   My choice was limtied in Wales as many people didn't want to come over the Severn Bridge to collect my stuff :-)

Offline Sus

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 09:20:30 AM »
Thanks for your replies, wil send a message to the shipping agents here in Qatar to ask them to check with the Turkish agents.

Offline farmer

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 13:30:23 PM »
Hi Sus

I have sent you a PM with details of Dolphin Movers, who do have an agency handling removals from Doha to Turkey.
They were brilliant when I moved here from the UK.
Give them a try!

regards
farmer

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 16:01:22 PM »
Nice to see u out and about Kingsley. Happy Birthday. Sorry it couldnt be a better one.!! I know you have had a rough year.Hope u enjoyed the soup. Lots love Anne and Barrie. xx

Offline jackstee

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 16:10:42 PM »
Hi Sus

We moved across from Doha in May.

Just 5 suitcases and the dog though, so no removal company.

Sold all the furniture as a job lot.

Offline hubblebubble

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 16:40:58 PM »
As i Understand it the above timings would give you problems - there are very strict rules about how long you have to import personal belongings so definitely best to get it checked out.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 16:58:11 PM »
Coincidentally, there is an article in the current edition of Sun Express, which you can read for yourselves www.sunexpressnews.com

Offline jackstee

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 21:16:37 PM »
Where Liz

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf