Author Topic: Shipping out stuff  (Read 5847 times)

Offline simonandpam

Shipping out stuff
« on: February 20, 2006, 11:38:18 AM »
Hi Everyone, We are new members. We are planning to furnish a 3 bed flat in Fethiye this year. Has anyone done the sums of buying all furniture and stuff in England at Discout bargain basement outlets and then having the whole lot shipped out. If yes, we would like to hear from you. If you have done this, how did you find a trucking company that could help? Thanks Simon

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Shipping out stuff
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 11:54:30 AM »
This has been discussed several times before (try doing a search at the top) however, the smart money is that it simply isn't worth the cost / hassle of shipping

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Shipping out stuff
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 12:01:25 PM »
Hi and welcome to the Forum. Basically it is not worth the cost to ship cheap furniture out here. Loads of nice stuff here at reasonable prices.  Just ship your personal things.  Use the search engine for lots of info about moving to turkey..Try this website www.sumerman.com    -excellent job done for us, we found uk shipping companies a waste of space when it came to knowledge of Turkish proceedures. Email me if you have any specific questions and I will try to answer for you.  Put an introduction about yourself in the Members introduction section.....just normal protocol. :)

Offline Neisha

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 17:04:52 PM »
S&P - Just to echo previous comments - my friends husband works in overseas shipping and has said Turkey just isnt worth it. They havent even shipped anything to their own place out there. N

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Shipping out stuff
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 17:38:09 PM »
S & P,

As I said in my other post - my friend already ships to Turkey and intends to ship out most of his own furniture this year. I understand it can be complicated but it can be done.

Stu

Offline haluk

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 20:06:17 PM »
as long as you have a residence permit and use a FIDI, FAIM or OMNI accreddited company then you cant go wrong.

Offline LisaS

Shipping out stuff
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 16:16:53 PM »
In fact, you don't need a residence permit always, we didn't have one. You do need to go to the Notary and draw up an agreement with your seller or the owner, if you are renting. You then need to visit Izmir, once the goods have arrived, and pay the Port Authority, about 130 YTL for our 11 boxes, visit the Notary there, for power of attourney for the shipping agent and that's it. Email me and I'll try to find the 'phone number of Ozcan Soyer International. We used him in Turkey, but should have used him all the way!

Offline davenic

Shipping out stuff
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 20:13:53 PM »
I priced a container last year and was quoted £2500 plus transport to and from the ports,it does not seem worth it after pricing furniture in Turkey.

Offline nigelthebuilder

Shipping out stuff
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 16:13:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by LisaS

In fact, you don't need a residence permit always, we didn't have one. You do need to go to the Notary and draw up an agreement with your seller or the owner, if you are renting. You then need to visit Izmir, once the goods have arrived, and pay the Port Authority, about 130 YTL for our 11 boxes, visit the Notary there, for power of attourney for the shipping agent and that's it. Email me and I'll try to find the 'phone number of Ozcan Soyer International. We used him in Turkey, but should have used him all the way!
hi can you tell me did the customs take your passport,they with me and i have got a feeling its the last time iv seen it thanks

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Shipping out stuff
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 16:31:06 PM »
?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf