Author Topic: At Last - Insurance for Turkish property with PLI  (Read 27961 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
At Last - Insurance for Turkish property with PLI
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 19:10:21 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by hazel dorrington

Intasure Insurance sounded great to me but after accepting their quote they asked detailed questions about flooding. My house is in an area liable to flooding, as is much of Calis. They then refused to insure me.

Hi Hazel, I spoke with Intasure about this. They have carefully explained that they are not refusing to exclude properties that have suffered from damage through flash flooding/flash storms, but as with UK property insurance, they are not insuring properties in areas of general flooding risk caused by proximity to rivers that have a history of bursting their banks.

It isn't any different in Calis or Colchester. In fact, very few properties in Calis & Fethiye are at risk of flooding.

I have also asked if Intasure would join the forum, so they can answer any members questions themselves, as I don't really know much about property insurance  :-\ - and hopefully they will.

Scunner

Offline JacM

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 23:47:02 PM »
I contacted Intasure as a result of reading this thread. They responded very quickly and seemed very competitive for our needs. They seemed to be saying we didn't need to insure until we had our TAPU. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 00:15:05 AM »
Probably technically correct but as we are now working to a 'get the keys once you pay' system, rather than wehn you get the tapu, it's your belongings in the property, and you can't be sure that the previous owner or developer has sufficient insurance cover (if any at all) if any disaster strikes.

Scunner

Offline Keri

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2007, 21:58:25 PM »
Hi, this is a question that relates to insurance but also a general question. I am looking for property in Calis at the moment.  I have read somewhere that recently all new builds are built 'earthquake safe'.  Can anyone tell me more about this?  Also, as some of the properties I'm looking at are older how would this stand with insurance?

Thanks, Keri

Offline rosemary10

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2007, 14:35:25 PM »
I have insurance policy for my  apartment from AV&IVA (Norich Union ) Evrensel sigorta .
Realy happy with them, had a water leak ,called them, explaing what was wrong, come to see my apartment ,give them quatation from my builder  how much will cost to repair  and get paid into my bank acount.
What i am trying to say is why should i use some insurance company not even based in near my home .
They are only company gives me Puplick Liability cover .

Thanks to Evrensel sigorta.
Rose
If you have any question drop Gonul a mail .
evrenselsigorta@hotmail.com

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2007, 14:55:37 PM »
Use Aviva as the shares are down and I need the boost, looks good deal Keith a we will give them a shout when we finally get our Tapus

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007, 16:52:17 PM »
Puplick liability cover?

I work in insurance for a national insurance company and we cant cover that :o

Tinx ;):D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007, 16:55:44 PM »
A lick from a pup can make a small skin abrasion turn septic. I'm surprised you don't take attacks from vicious animals seriously at your "national insurance company".

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2007, 16:59:54 PM »
Whilst I agree with you Keith I have to point out if it were a adult dog we can prosecute and seek compensation, as in this case it is a minor and is too young to prosecute and therefore you cannot be covered for such an event, it is too much of a liability.

Tinx ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2007, 17:04:56 PM »
No wonder pups of today have no respect.

Bring back National Pup Service, that's what's needed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf