Author Topic: A road ???????  (Read 12828 times)

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2007, 17:56:16 PM »
We flew back yesterday. I have a few photographs of the roads and general Green Valley area and am happy to send to anyone contacting me via my profile. The council have put in place most of the water pipes within the area now and once connected to the water supply they can build the roads.

Offline telsoo

A road ???????
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 18:28:01 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by HappyMonday

We flew back yesterday. I have a few photographs of the roads and general Green Valley area and am happy to send to anyone contacting me via my profile. The council have put in place most of the water pipes within the area now and once connected to the water supply they can build the roads.

Hi mate
The land to the side of us on the bend and the bit at the front is causing some concern as it is owned by Affinity and there are rumours of Green valley2 in the same format higher up our valley.
The original Green Valley complex is huge with the pool and walks and bar etc and that land beside us will no way be large enough for a similar complex.
Have you seen any updates from the Forest Hills people.
Another member on here ,Gorgeous bird, has been very helpful and offered to keep her ears openbut the rumour re Green Valley2 is floating around but where on earth will they put it as a project that size up here higher in the valley.
I know that smallish plot is owned by Affinity according to John and Pam but theres no room for such a major complex like the original.
We may be paranoid but is it worth objecting early to the council in case

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 20:07:26 PM »
I asked Bill whether he had heard anything re the land next to us owned by Infinity (thinking this might be Green Valley 2) but he told me that at the moment there are no plans to build this second complex. Instead we believe the land has been bought by two Russian investors. Apparently there is a lot of land around Fethiye being bought by Russians at the moment - purely as investments until land price rises further. I suspect they will hold on until most of the infrastructure is in place and then sell.

Offline amanda bullock

A road ???????
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 15:27:37 PM »
The spare land down the middle ,to the left of G V as you look up is apparently going to be parking spaces and green areas with a childrens park lower down.there isn't enough room to build appts in that strip of land(fingers crossed)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
A road ???????
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 17:37:39 PM »
The land in question is further up the hill to the right of the Forest Hill apartments as you look up the hill. Last summer the people who work at Green Valley said that Infinity had bought the land with the intention of building Green Valley 2. Wether or not that is the case is not clear, nor is the detail on what the apartment complex will look like i.e. on the same scale as Green valley or much smaller. Personally speaking I think they could do with selling the 20 some apartments they already have on Green valley that are sitting empty before building more. Only time will tell. I do beleive that the area to the rear of Green valley is supposedly ear marked for a childrens play area, however I wouldn't be surprised to go out there on a visist and discover another apartment block!

Offline telsoo

A road ???????
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 14:47:28 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird

The land in question is further up the hill to the right of the Forest Hill apartments as you look up the hill. Last summer the people who work at Green Valley said that Infinity had bought the land with the intention of building Green Valley 2. Wether or not that is the case is not clear, nor is the detail on what the apartment complex will look like i.e. on the same scale as Green valley or much smaller. Personally speaking I think they could do with selling the 20 some apartments they already have on Green valley that are sitting empty before building more. Only time will tell. I do beleive that the area to the rear of Green valley is supposedly ear marked for a childrens play area, however I wouldn't be surprised to go out there on a visist and discover another apartment block!

Do you mean to the right of the bend on the slope of the valley side as the road with telegraph poles runs right around that bend leaving a small plot on the corner. I only ask because to the right of Forest hills is the valley side and this small plot is in front of Forest Hills.You  might get a couple villas on it at most.
Happymonday says that Russien businessmen have bought it as investment so perhapa Afinity have sold it on .
Thanks for that info
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 14:49:56 PM by telsoo »

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2007, 17:26:39 PM »
I think I know where Gorgeous Bird means - the area opposite where Mehmet (our watchman, gardener etc) lives. There was talk about a development being in that space and it is probably a good site.

Offline telsoo

A road ???????
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007, 20:47:03 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by HappyMonday

I think I know where Gorgeous Bird means - the area opposite where Mehmet (our watchman, gardener etc) lives. There was talk about a development being in that space and it is probably a good site.

Since the Co-operative apartments have gone up opposite and the electricity sub station ,its quite narrow though for a GV type one.

Offline amanda bullock

A road ???????
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2007, 12:06:29 PM »
any news on the tarmac yet? hope it won't be like the olu deniz road when they did that!!!!!!!!!!

Offline telsoo

A road ???????
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2007, 14:02:39 PM »
I dont think the council will go that far until the "Viewpoint" development on the valley slope is completed in 2008 as too many trucks about yet.
The developers had set out demands to the council before commencing the site and this involved the road completion but they arent sure the council will attempt it until their construction work has finished and the valley is quieter.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf