Author Topic: Paragliding  (Read 5542 times)

Offline pashka

• Sutton, Surrey, UK
Paragliding
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2008, 14:31:39 PM »
My husband paraglided last week with Focus and the cost was £45,transport to Baba Dag included. His pilot was Guven who was very good.It was the 7th time Tom had paraglided and was given the option to do spirals. His advice to anyone is to opt out as he found it  very hard to hold onto his breakfast! The G force when doing a spiral is pretty severe. Says he will paraglide again bit without the spirals.
Pashka

Offline Jenny1

Paragliding
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2008, 15:04:28 PM »
Thanks Pashka, do you know if ther was an opportunity to get a dvd of it?  :)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Paragliding
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2008, 15:10:52 PM »
I would thoroughly recommend travel sickness pills.  I mean you may only do it once, so don't let sickness spoil it.

Offline pashka

• Sutton, Surrey, UK
Paragliding
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2008, 15:23:26 PM »
Jenny.
Your trip up the mountain and your flight and landing will be video'd for you for £20.
Pashka

Offline grahamturner09

Paragliding
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2008, 17:39:20 PM »
The paragliding should be safe tandem paraglider's should include a reserve if main canopy fails but microlight's in turkey do not operate under the same laws as the uk i have a microlight pilots licence here in the uk and one of the main things taught to you is to always keep a safe landing area in mind should you have an engine failure. Here in the uk microlight's can not fly over towns or cities in turkey if the pilot had an engine out he would have nowhere to land so think very carefully before taking to the sky's in a microlight

Offline Jenny1

Paragliding
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2008, 17:58:31 PM »
Thanks for all your advice! Will have to think about it a lot  :)

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Paragliding
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2008, 19:05:31 PM »
Of course there are inherrant risks in paraglyding which is a form of flying but most accidents and deaths are caused by solo flyers. There are deaths in all sports, so the fact there are  deaths or accidents is not necessarily a reason for not taking part.
Apparently in America the most deadly sport for females is cheerleading and 3000 people die (in America) on the golf course, of which 6 are struck by ligtning each year.
In the UK  there is a far greater chance of dying in the next 12 months of any cause (1 in a 100) than dying by para-glyding or hang-glyding. (1 in a 1000).
The risk of death by smoking more than 10 cigaretes a day is 1 in 200 - making paraglyding far safer. The chances of dying on the road if driving for more than 50 years are said to be 1 in 85!!!
As in all activity way up the risks, limit them as much as you can, plan and prepare: and then decide for yourself whether you want to do it or not.
TB
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:28:51 AM by Twin Bee »

Offline duffy2

Paragliding
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2008, 20:10:03 PM »
Twin Bee -  GRRR,  please do not use a "y" when you should be using an "i". Damn lazy typing!!!!!!

I have done two flights in the past, loved every minute and have my own video of it. Why pay someone else when you can get the "real" views""

Duffy2

Offline Eric

Paragliding
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2008, 20:57:49 PM »
If you want to do it I can recommend Sky sports in Olu Deniz.  We have both flown with them and they are very professional.  Fi's Mother flew with them last year on her 89th birthday and she made local and national press coverage, especially when she said it was better than sex !!!.  We will  be all flying with her, this year, on her 90th birthday with Sky Sports aqgain.

Offline Firo

Paragliding
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2008, 20:59:00 PM »
We have both paraglided off Babadag and so have many of my friends including my 89 year old mother (super gran as the papers called her last year). We all used Sky Sports and would highly recommend them as their price includes insurance.
They offer to photograph & video the flight so book it when you speak to them.
My mother has been offered a free flight this year with them if she comes back in Oct to celebrate her 90th birthday but she said last years flight was a bit tame so she will only do it again if they do the spirals etc :D
Hope I have her energy and fun for life if I get to that age!
Fi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf