Author Topic: break in -Deliktas  (Read 10346 times)

Offline amanda bullock

break in -Deliktas
« on: June 11, 2007, 06:49:55 AM »
had to happen to me!!!!!!
We arrived to find squatters had been living there.Obviously they knew we were arriving soon as they had gone.Appartment disgusting>please get your appts checked!!!!
Burgled two days later.what fun!They came in through lounge patio door.very worrying as they went in childrens bedroom.!!!!`did not get much money but took the hire car,phones games etc.Please get extra security on your appts as this is now a regular occurance.They are waiting for holiday makers to arrive with "goodies"Also ladies , DON'T hook your handbag on the back of your chair when out.Keep it in view.Someone emptied my purse!After all that I still love Fethiye!What a holiday

Amanda B

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
break in -Deliktas
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 07:00:36 AM »
One of the first things to buy when furnishing an apt/villa is a good safe one that cant be picked up and walked away with, have a word with Erin at the Spot Shop
Ron

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
break in -Deliktas
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 07:17:44 AM »
Sorry to hear that Amanda, hope it won't spoil the rest of your family holiday, best wishes

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 07:36:01 AM »
Sorry to hear about this. Several apartments around us have also been broken into recently - even first floor ones. Next time I go out I'm adding window and patio door locks. Already have an alarm but rarely use it when out there as often the kids like to 'sleep out' in the living room.

Offline amanda bullock

break in -Deliktas
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 08:06:28 AM »
be careful it's frightening!

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
break in -Deliktas
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 17:37:32 PM »
Amanda sorry to here about the break in, you want to get away from horrors like that but you discover that it goes on all over the world.I will be making sure we are careful whilst we are out next and taking precautions to ensure that we do not suffer as you have. Thanks for the warning.

Offline miaspyro

break in -Deliktas
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 05:50:34 AM »
oh Amanda i am so sorry, i heard on the grapevine about your problems, but did not realise it was you.  Please if there is anything i can do don't hesitate to email me.  We do seem to be having regular police patrols at night, so hopefully your misfortune has made the powers that be aware that we have problems here.  We have had iron work fitted to our windows plus extra locks, i am hoping that that acts as a deterrent, also got dogs, they most definitely help.  Once again so sorry that this has happened to you.
regards Mia

Offline amanda bullock

break in -Deliktas
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 08:11:10 AM »
thanks Mia.yes it was a shock and it has opened my eyes a lot.You do tend to let your guard down when on holiday.We had squatters in as well before we arrived.It was in a right state.Got some friends up the road and they lent us an appt for the 1st night.Let me know where you are.It's hard to find people when you're out there.Spent ages looking for Laffa.Carried weetabix around for days.ha ha  .met steve 49 and had a chat(small world).

Offline telsoo

break in -Deliktas
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 09:17:45 AM »
Really sorry Amanda.
On our complex two apartments above us were targeted some months ago and they are having security bars fitted all round.
I think these bars are a must now and they work out about £700 for a 2 bed apartment. If someone wants to break in they will but the time spent sawing bars or breaking extra locks may put them off if the apartment next door hasnt got any.
Cant neighbours keep an eye out for you because I know even if our place is being aired, the neighbours opposite email us asking why windows open and as squatters are long term I am amazed that their existence day after day in your place wasnt noticed by your neighbours.It must have stood out like a sore thumb

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
break in -Deliktas
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 10:15:35 AM »
Amanda - thats really miserable :(.  Hope you got everything sorted out quickly.  Keep smiling girl :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf