Author Topic: good to be back, for a while!!  (Read 1406 times)

Offline duffy2

good to be back, for a while!!
« on: September 02, 2007, 19:12:38 PM »
Hi folks,

Well, got back to Fethiye for a week at the end of August. Somethings change, others not. Oh yes, why is there an Indian on top of the Forum bar? (dare I ask??)

I loved everyday I was there and will tell yoos lot about how much you are missing down in Gemiler Beach.

A while ago I read really naff things about the place but now I have been there, for the umpteenth time since 1989, I have seen things change for the better.

YES FOR THE BETTER!!! There were the families who used to be (and some still are) conned  when they arrive to park to the right of the beach "No don't pay for the parasol and chair, just buy a meal from us - DOH!!!! megalira later they leave the beach never to return.

BUT, how greatly the other side of the beach has changed, I dare any gainsayer to park their car, walk left down though the immaculate open air cafe area to a clean beach with parasols and sunbeds that cost only 2.5 Lira each (thats 7.7YTL for 2 beds and parasol all day) Check Olu prices!!! All run by the Kaya Beledisye

The food is cheap, drinks both alchofrolic and not are cheaper than Olu or Hisu. Also, the water is calm and warm, ok, there are noises from the boats, but to me and my wife the greatest pleasure was that the people there were mostly Turkish, on holiday. No screaming at kids to "behave" just laughter and happiness, enjoyment of the family. Something lost in the UK I fear now.

For a while now I have been reading posts about Dalaman airport, most have only talked about the International departures. Has anyone been through Domestic and seen the prices??

I have set up a website to start exposing these places, not only airports but other holiday ripoff places. details wil follow, anyone intersted can PM me. I have a domain and will spend the next few weeks setting it up. There will be a forum along the lines of this excellent one as set up by Keith (Scunner). But this is in the future.

My final comment is about the Balik Ekmek boat at the front of the canal as it enters the bay. I am a great lover of fish and chips, in fact in the preceding two weeks I spent in the Uk before coming back to Fethiye I had my fill of this wonderful dish (though thoroughly overpriced in UK!!) Yet, at the insistence of my other (sometimes noted as "better" half, I was persuaded to partake of the local seafood fare. It was LUVERLY!!, in fact I had to return no less than three time, dragging my wife, to taste again those wonderful lightly battered strips of fish and the crispy chips.

If you have not been there, why not??? if you want to try you will be greeted by the owner (whose name I shamefuly cannot remember), his wife and son. He learned to say hullo and goodbye to us IN ENGLISH!! which so endeared us to him, before this we had struggled to converse in Turkish, badly, but his was taken as pert
Try it, you will love it I am sure.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 19:20:03 PM »
thanks for this good report on gemiler beach. I have never been, and my well now try it.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 20:18:07 PM »
could you give some directions to the beach cheers

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf