Author Topic: BIM  (Read 4434 times)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
BIM
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 12:47:40 PM »
Ascetically not as up-market (no pun intended!) as Migros, & they don't have such a large product range.  But nothing wrong at all with the products they sell, and their prices beat the hell outta the big boys :D :) ;)

It's what's inside the packaging that counts [:o)] ;)

Offline telsoo

BIM
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 16:16:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by number2

I'm not saying the food or any other items are rubbish, i'm just saying they save money by not paying a dozen people to stock the shelves and charge less for what they sell, i used lidl,s in England another place the same and you could get some great bargains, don't judge a place until you try it, i have an aunt and uncle that wont go to Turkey cos it's basic, it's their loss. Alan

Thanks Alan and I accept what you are saying.
It may be difficult to drag my wife kicking and screaming from Waitrose to having to pull stuff out of boxes,thats all and Migros was a similar place so she was happy haha

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
BIM
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 11:08:36 AM »
We will be sticking to our little corner shop. The Derya Market. It's always a shame when more of the larger supermarkets open. We try to support them as much as possible. They are having to stay open 24 hours a day now to make a living. They are lovely people. There are a number of other small shops around Tasyaka and I hope that the new Bim won't harm them all too much.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
BIM
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 17:45:09 PM »
I will be continuing to shop in the same way as always - Friut and veg from the markets, meat from the butcher, bread from the bakers and staples from the supermarket. I am sure that a Bim will not change most peoples habbits and will probably impact more on Migros if anything and even then it will be minimal as Bim does not have the choice.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
BIM
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 17:55:27 PM »
Thank god it is not a Tecoes!

Offline telsoo

BIM
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 18:15:21 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird

I will be continuing to shop in the same way as always - Friut and veg from the markets, meat from the butcher, bread from the bakers and staples from the supermarket. I am sure that a Bim will not change most peoples habbits and will probably impact more on Migros if anything and even then it will be minimal as Bim does not have the choice.

Why do you go to the supermarket for staples.
Usually you can get them cheaper in W H Smiths LOL

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
BIM
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 20:24:20 PM »
In the uk I get them from office world but in turkey I get them from the supermarket! LOL

Offline Nicnic

BIM
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 08:35:56 AM »
Well i understand people saying in boxes but try it, they have most things and at a fraction of the price i have been a few times now i went Sat morning, when i got home i looked at the items and thought if i had gone to Migros, it would of cost double the price, if Bim dosnt have what i want i will then go to Migros.

Offline doll

BIM
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 12:09:02 PM »
i agree ,in bim
the basics cost less and are just as good
just try it
 anything what helps with the food bill is always good

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf