Author Topic: 5 Year Building guarantee is there such a thing??  (Read 3364 times)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
5 Year Building guarantee is there such a thing??
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 17:10:37 PM »
Makes a lot of sense skipking  ;)  Most buyers just want a quiet life, having worked hard for many years to be in a position to invest in their dream.

Like yourself, notwithstanding, the enormous trials I have been put through, by unscrupulous, greedy people, I still love Turkey & most people I have been fortunate enough to meet, and made friends with  :)

Most Turks are I believe 'Honest' there are a number who are actively trying to help redress the 'chaos' caused by the 'few' who don't have any integrity, and are motivated by greed.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you  :)

PS: getting carried away, again LOL... :-\ Have you had any help from your agents at all [?]

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 17:15:06 PM by cef »

Offline skipking

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 19:20:53 PM »
We were slow on the uptake in the beginning and didnt have an agent bought direct off plan from the developer also didnt use a solicitor! I Know!!!!
As i said lesson learnt
At the moment we are trying to sort out breaking away from the developer as regards maintenance, electric,water etc so dont want to rock the boat,we are treading carefully.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 19:27:50 PM »
We've all made mistakes skipking, too trusting, maybe  :-\ Lots of members will be able to give you advice about Maintenance issue's etc, sorry I can't, I don't even have any Electric or Water  :o 8): :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 15:07:14 PM »
As far as documented guarantees go, they are very few and far between. Even when including "the property is covered byt a 5 year guarantee..." etc., it is wholely ambiguos, indefined and easy to argue or sidestep

In my opinion, there is far too much emphasis on qauntity rather than quality. As with most things, there is a vast range between excellent and crap. The key is to run with the quality and refuse the junk - not just in terms of build, but service too. A developer who responds quickly to a snagging list or problem isn't just a basic requirement for those purchasing, but for those who sell - spending your days phoning a builder over and over again is no fun and unproductive. A less complicated relationship benefits all.

I hear positive comments from clients about real estate websites that "have a huge choice". Surely a real estate website that has chosen to sift out the potential heartache causers is far more impressive business? Of course it is but that simply doesn't hit home with many.

Not many developers are perfect, they don't drop everything to go and fix a dripping tap, but those who take the responsibility make for a happier purchaser and confident agent.

When all is said and done, if your apartment block splits down the middle, and the builder won't honour the guarantee he offered, earlier replies are correct - you are faced with the prospect of a long, expensive and by no means 'open and shut' court case.

What is disappointing is when you hear of purchases that have turned from dream to nightmare, and the original agent still plugging the same developer.

Offline steve49

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2007, 07:20:53 AM »
Cef Hi you can't tell me Mustafa's appartment hasn't got water and electric
they have been living in it for nearly a year, They live directly below you?
steve.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2007, 19:18:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by steve49

Cef Hi you can't tell me Mustafa's appartment hasn't got water and electric
they have been living in it for nearly a year, They live directly below you?
steve.

I'm saying Steve that, I don't, have Electricity etc & cannot therefore stay in my apartment, although I am still encumbered by  costs incurred ie: it's UK mortgage payments every month....!!: :)

When I go to Turkey, I still incur the extra expense of Hotels....

Offline amber

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 15:20:03 PM »
Forget guarantees, written or verbal.  As for going back to agent -they are firstly not interested - there is nothing in it for them - once they have their commission - finished.......... If by luck you find a decent agent they still cannot help you - have no clout - if they kick up a fuss the developer will just put their properties to numerous other agents.  I have had a court case going on against architect/builder for nearly three years - have learnt a lot in this time.  If I was to do this over again would have
1.  used a lawyer-both for purchase and renovations
2.  used a surveyor - even for new build
3.  got a PERSONAL GUARANTEE from the major shareholder of developer/build company - so if things get hot cannot just 'liquidate company' running away from obligations - this is usually followed up by same people starting new company's under 'grandmas name'.
4.  VERY IMPORTANT - even though Fethiye is a small town - it really behaves like a small village - everybody knows everybody.  Have found that when push comes to shove (even though most people are decent and honest) they will all stick together 'against the foreigner/outsider'.  I WOULD EMPLOY BOTH LAWYER AND
SURVEYOR FROM OUTSIDE FETHIYE - NOT JUST DALAMAN EITHER - ANTALYA OR MARMARIS.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf