Author Topic: Leather Sofas  (Read 3629 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Leather Sofas
« on: February 12, 2008, 18:35:58 PM »
We are coming out in April and we really want to buy two smallish cream leather sofas for our apartment.
We have not looked at many in Turkey yet, but I did not seem to see many leather sofas, whereas in the UK that seems to be all you see in furniture shops!
Does any one know of a shop I could possibly get them at, or does anyone know of any ways or (good shipping companies) I could use if I bought them in the UK.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Leather Sofas
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 19:07:45 PM »
They have a good selection at a big place out on the Antalya road - that is where we got ours (and they sound spookily like what you are looking for).

I can't remember the name (it was over 2 years ago) but I will find out. It's around 20km along the Antalya road nearing Kemer.

They even mentioned a discount for CBF members  :)

Offline kevman

Leather Sofas
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 19:20:06 PM »
I think the shop is called Sancarlar.We have just been and bought a lovely settee. Not leather but they did have some lovely leather settees and reclining chairs. A very good shop for all your household needs.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Leather Sofas
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 19:22:48 PM »
Well done kevman, that's the one.

Really good prices too - and it's a big place with lots of choice.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Leather Sofas
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 19:33:16 PM »
Thanks very much both of you. We will go to that shop in April, I am really excited now, because I thought it was going to be hard to find what I want, I will enquire about the discount Scunner. Can you get there on a dolmus?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Leather Sofas
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 19:39:52 PM »
They were extremely hard to find, trust me  :) - well till we found this place.

I guess you could go on the Kemer dolmus - the manager told me that they would happily come to Calis to bring people over for a look -  I know some people don't like that sort of thing, like you feel more obliged, but they aren't pressure sellers.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Leather Sofas
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 20:04:54 PM »
That would be brilliant Scunner if the manager picked us up, we are still finding our way around out there, and from what you have said I think we will probably buy them from there. Yours probably are what we are looking for, so if they have what we want and it is a fair price we will go for it. Do you have a phone no or email address for the manager and I could contact him when we are out in April.
Thanks so much again this forum really is brilliant I just wish I had known about it before I bought my property sorry going off thread there!

Offline kevman

Leather Sofas
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 16:08:59 PM »
They told us the same as well.Luckily we have a car and took ourselves there as it had been recommended to us.It is a big store on the left side of the Antalya road just prior to the first turn off for Kemer.The dolmus runs right past it.

Offline DANIELLE

• Oldham, Manchester, UK
Leather Sofas
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 15:06:54 PM »
We bought our leather sofa,s from sancalar they do have some nice things there, but please haggle with them we did and got money off the sofa,s and a coffee table free as well.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Leather Sofas
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 15:41:33 PM »
Thanks Kevman and Danielle, can we just get the dolmus from Calis not sure where the Antalaya road is?
Also did they accept English money or does it need to be Lira?
Thanks again

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf