Author Topic: Advice Please.  (Read 5649 times)

Offline Heather Davis

Advice Please.
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 16:16:56 PM »
Hi Ian,

Thank you for telling me about your experience and for your recommendations, they are very much appreciated. My apartment also is on the first floor and is a duplex, it has two terraces, one being a roof terrace the other off the principle bedroom, also one of the guest bedrooms also has a door and balcony. Quite a few ways in when you think about it!
 Hope the wedding plans are going well?
Best Wishes,

Heather.

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Heather - I am naturally cautious and we are on the first floor but we looked into this for the same reasons as you and concluded that window bars properly fitted and window locks are a  must.

I thought they would spoil the appearance but as everyone assured me that was not a problem and you really don't notice them after a few days.

Since we bought 3 years ago I walk around and see more and more locals with bars fitted and that tells you all you need to know.

What worried me most was the fact that break ins appear to be more frequent when you arrive as you have all your possessions, mobile, cameras, cash etc and at my age I really don't need anything giving me a jolt in the night!

I am not saying it is rife - and it is reported as often being people from outside of town coming in for the season but it is just better to be safe than sorry from the outset.

Ian

Offline Yetkin

• Snapper
Advice Please.
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 16:20:13 PM »
Hi Heather ,
I was serious i am going to live there  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Advice Please.
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 16:21:38 PM »
Heather darling :D

There is no need to quote everything that someone else said when you reply to them - you are making my pages too long  ;)

Offline Heather Davis

Advice Please.
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 16:24:01 PM »
Sorry Keith,

Will try to be brief!....How was that?

quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Heather darling :D

There is no need to quote everything that someone else said when you reply to them - you are making my pages too long  ;)

Offline amanda bullock

Advice Please.
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 16:35:56 PM »
which is more worrying for the burglars.Yetkin or that huge dog!!!!having met Yetkin I'm not too sure!!!!lol

Offline suzi Q

Advice Please.
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 16:35:58 PM »
Heather we too didn't think about having bars fitted until our neighbour got burgled. She is on the first floor and actually caught a guy on her balcony during the night. We are on the second floor and they have tried to get in our patio doors by prising them open with a screwdriver we know this from the damage. This means they have climbed up either by using the air con units or drainpipe not thinking twice about whether they might fall.
So we had them fitted last october. Yes they don't look that great but you just get used to them. We have lost a bit of room on our balconys but feel more reassured, especially when we are not in Turkey.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Advice Please.
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 16:57:24 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by amanda bullock

Grills and shutters are definately the best way to protect your property,as long as you don't mind the look of them.I think it boils down to personel preference really.We don't like the look of them so have never bothered.To be honest you won't be tempting any  thieves with a vacant property.They prefer you to be in.LOL

I'm surprised that getting burgled didn't change your mind about the look of Bars/Shutters Amanda. I'd rather feel safe than sorry.

Heather  :), belated welcome to CBF, hope you'll be happy in your Turkish retreat  :)  I see you've arranged excellent security in the area :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Advice Please.
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 16:59:36 PM »
You don't need to be brief!!

Just click on reply to topic rather than reply with quote.

I need a holiday

Offline amanda bullock

Advice Please.
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 17:00:51 PM »
stop wingeing!

Offline Heather Davis

Advice Please.
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 17:09:01 PM »
Hi Amanda,
Having met both I would say Yetkin!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo