Author Topic: My Dubious Suitcase  (Read 2073 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
My Dubious Suitcase
« on: June 13, 2008, 21:37:43 PM »
During a very recent trip to the UK I had to bring a very large collection of music CD's with me (don't ask why  :) ) - all mine, all originals. I filled a small suitcase with them - literally filled, all in cd racks, protected by a large beach towel.

I was 'pulled' at the first security check - I assumed the X-ray machine guy couldn't work out what the hell was in the case. He called a young airport lady of stunning looks over to quiz me.

"Please open" she said, with eyes that could melt you. I opened the case, peeled back the beach towel to expose my wares.

"Oh my God" she said. I smiled back to her in a "I may be old enough to be your dad but there's fire in the old boy yet" way.

"What cd's is it?"

"Lots of different sorts"

Leaning closer to me, and with the sweetest, quiet voice she asked "p0rno?"

"No! not p0rno!"

"p0rno? p0rno?" she asked.

"No! Music!"

She turned to the X-ray guy (about 5m away) and shouted "p0rnO YOK - MUZIK!" before removing one of the CD's to show him.

It was at this time, when my smile had long gone, with embarrassment quickly replacing it, that I was grateful that her spoken English was better than her reading of English - no word of a lie, the CD she had selected to show Mr X-ray man had just 3 words on the front, in bright red: "STIFF LITTLE FINGERS".

Once allowed to go, I did feel better when I thought that I may be 42, bald and fat, but beautiful young ladies still like to talk dirty with me.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
My Dubious Suitcase
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 22:00:32 PM »
pmsl, bet that made your day ;)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
My Dubious Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 22:07:24 PM »
Well I had a similar thing happen to me flying back from Dalaman,on my own only he was not pretty!
Lady lady open open what I said "Bag" he said so I opened bag now what "take out" take out what I said "all of it" ok emptied out everything I was so scared thinking I am on my own here big time with my limited Turkish. I had all these pills Valium, antidrepsants (sorry can not spell) or what ever you call them  plus herbal bullets i had bought in Turkey and the film "Midnight Express" kept popping in my head even though I had done nothing wrong I have to admit I was a little daunted!

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
My Dubious Suitcase
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 23:23:04 PM »
Stoop look no further,if you want to get Jamie Ray's CD's in the market place. Take a case load and a couple of Blueies. Should work to get them confiscated and then into the homes of all the Dalaman security people and family.

Offline Glenn66

My Dubious Suitcase
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 23:24:43 PM »
Do you work in marketting GB?

Glenn

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
My Dubious Suitcase
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 23:45:36 PM »
It comes from taking my friend to Turkey in April, they stopped her on the way through at Dalaman, much the same story as Scunners except they were clearly chatting her up whilst she emptied the case and then when they had finished looking in the case they started playing "guess my age". If they could they would have taken her home! Any way I repacked her case for her, what are friends for!!

Offline grahamturner09

My Dubious Suitcase
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 00:57:39 AM »
Maybe that was what she was thinking scunner [stiff little finger]:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
My Dubious Suitcase
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 01:07:58 AM »
Enough now Graham, this is a family forum and I have a dodgy heart

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
My Dubious Suitcase
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 09:16:02 AM »
we bought in a few paintings in frames quite large, and the guy who tries to catch those who are bringing in plasma screen thought he was on a winner until he scanned them.

Offline amanda bullock

My Dubious Suitcase
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 11:05:18 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird

Stoop look no further,if you want to get Jamie Ray's CD's in the market place. Take a case load and a couple of Blueies. Should work to get them confiscated and then into the homes of all the Dalaman security people and family.

ooh,thats so true :D:D:D lol

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf