Author Topic: Arena - fethiye  (Read 8992 times)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Arena - fethiye
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2008, 14:12:21 PM »
 :) I was just thinking the same Shaun, you whet your taste buds, then bang,I think aloit of them can be hit and miss, depending on different situations, we've had good and bad meals in most places, but still gone back,but its the likes of the ignorance of some that keeps me away,having said that, I think we would be lost without the forum as a guide, as they say, one mans meat is another mans poison, different taste buds, experiences and opinions, bode well for a rough guide.:P

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Arena - fethiye
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2008, 16:24:18 PM »
I agree. Consistency seems to be the issue here! With rare exceptions places are never consistently good. There is definitely the element of personal taste as with all things but some places just dont seem to always get it right! As laffa said we have had good and bad in most places and usually its the relationships which keep us going back becuase we think about the staff , whom we like, and give it another go! In fact thinking about it I dont know that weve ever had what we could call a 'bad' meal. Weve had some weve enjoyed less than others but then we've done that here! When youre eating out 14 out of 14 nights law of averages say you're gona get a bummer! :-\
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 16:25:26 PM by Cavfan »

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Arena - fethiye
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 17:44:24 PM »
Absolutely right - You do get the odd one but how it's dealt with to me is the crux of the matter. deal with it well and I may give you a second chance- blame me for your short comings and I won't darken your doorstep again!

Offline onefurtheroad

Arena - fethiye
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2008, 19:35:39 PM »
We eat in Arena everytime we are there and it is head and shoulders above the rest. Dont listen to the negative Nigels......go and try it for yourself.

Offline Vix

Arena - fethiye
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2008, 07:58:22 AM »
My Mum and dad came to visit us recently and we decided to give Arena another go and the food this time was superb!

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 11:32:45 AM »
We actually did same as Vix (after I left my last comment) and our experience was also great. Even though I said we would never eat there again!

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
Arena - fethiye
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2008, 18:49:18 PM »
We ate at the Arena twice while we were over.Great food,good service .in a nice setting. :)

Offline jinky

Arena - fethiye
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2008, 00:18:17 AM »
I think its a hit or a miss we can't expect the same cook 24/7 and of course individual taste is an issue but everyone seems to agree the level of service is the key answer to WILL WE TRY AGAIN and word of mouth is more powerful than any advertisement

Offline Christie

Arena - fethiye
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2008, 13:02:55 PM »
We went to the Arena quite a few times - we found the price of the meals very reasonable, and the meals themselves really tasty.   The staff were all really friendly and attentative (except the night Fenebache ??) were playing and then they all disappeared to watch the match leaving one waiter who supported Gallatasary ?? to serve.   I actually ordered the wrong meal once, and it was no problem they took the meal back and seved me with the one I should have asked for -.  Not sure why someone was charged 20 lira for water - according to the menu it is 2 lira.  The only meals we didn't enjoy so much were the Kleftico - although really nicely served (off the bone) I found it a bit tastelesss and we also tried the sweet & sour cheicken just for a change which we felt wasn't for us.  Other than that the steaks (all) and the stuffed chicken with roquefort sauce and paprika - yummy.

Offline Essexboy

Arena - fethiye
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2008, 20:06:38 PM »
On behalf of all Nigels have to complain about the negative bit - have been known for knock offs but not negativity. Still onefutheroad's cocktails are worth being positive about! However I agree with all his comments, best meal we had this summer (as voted by the family) - hope it's as good in October. And for anyone who was there while Mr Napkinhead impressions were being done by our crew I hope we didn't disturb your meals.  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf