Author Topic: Bogaziçi Restaurant  (Read 4410 times)

Offline Emvs2002

Bogaziçi Restaurant
« on: November 16, 2008, 17:09:45 PM »
it is me and is the service at Bogazici the worse ever. Everytime i go there is the same. We mainly go for an Ottaman breakfast which used to be one of the best turkish breakfast ive had in Fethiye it feeds 2 people at least however ever time we go there the breakfast is getting smaller and smaller and the other day they didnt even bring over one of the items included in the breakfast. You also have to ask for something at least 3 times before you get it. Once i asked for a straw and in the end got up and got it myself!!

Another example when the fooball was on a friend of ours ask for a table for 15 people the guy turned around and ask for 50 ytl for a table even tho 15 or more people were coming.... we werent all gonna sit there and drink tea!!! what a cheek.

Anyway had my moan about this and wont be going again think ill start going back to Yakamoz

Offline saoirse

Bogaziçi Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 19:39:13 PM »
Couldnt agree more. Loved this place at first but had dreadful service on return visit, Especially annoying was 3 or 4 staff standing chatting but still waited and age for service. Walked out and wont be back

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Bogaziçi Restaurant
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 20:17:03 PM »
Same here, I've never known a place with so many staff, sadly all expert in avoiding eye contact, not hearing requests for service and generally doing nothing. It's a real shame because it started so well in such a great location

Offline Diverbaz 1

Bogaziçi Restaurant
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 20:54:15 PM »

The Yakamoz has put its price up for the Ottoman breakfast, was 10ytl now 15ytl.

Baz 8)

Offline dumdum

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 05:36:31 AM »
coffee also from 2.50 ...now 4.50...

Offline GrantT

Bogaziçi Restaurant
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 11:20:12 AM »
Had the same experience. Some friends took us one evening and it was lovely. Went back a few days later and were ignored for over 10 mins while all the staff stood talking, so got up and left and haven't been back.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Bogaziçi Restaurant
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 11:29:26 AM »
It isn't even the time waiting to be served that annoys me. It's the rest. It will take me 10 minutes to get someone to finally come over so I can tell them I want my bill. It will take ten minutes for the bill to come, it will take ten minutes for them to come back for it with the money in, then ten minutes to bring the change. The result is, I wanted to leave 40 minutes ago and I'm still sat there.

Offline mary anne

Bogaziçi Restaurant
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 18:29:46 PM »
Always found that in the case of bad/mediocre service if you stand up looking as if you are going they are not slow in bringing the bill over. This resturantis in a prime location what an opportunity!
The service is dire - been twice and won't be back. Mary

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Bogaziçi Restaurant
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 15:08:34 PM »
a real shame, we went early in the season and it was lovely - perfect setting and service was attentive (food quite naff though).   But we liked it as a place to go and sit and watch the world go by.  But when we returned in mid season, it wasn't quite the same.....pity.:(

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Bogaziçi Restaurant
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 15:13:16 PM »
Does anyone know why it has plummeted so much?  We had 2 absolutely lovely nights there at the end of last year.  Has it changed hands?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf