Author Topic: Post Office Hisaronu Nightmare  (Read 7384 times)

Offline sooty

Post Office Hisaronu Nightmare
« on: May 22, 2009, 17:36:46 PM »
As most of you probably know our local postie is in prison so we dont get any post delivered to our houses anymore because the new postie is basically useless. He has made no attempt to find where our post should be delivered to he is quite happy for us all to call in the post office and collect our post, so be it we all do that. We all stand there in a lovely queue, give him our piece of paper with our name and address on, he goes round the back, I think he sits in a chair for 10 minutes and then comes back round shrugs his shoulders and shakes his head and takes the next name and address and does exactly the same again.  Yesterday I spent 25 minutes waiting patiently, not one person in front of me received any post, I know for a fact I am due a telephone bill, an ADSL bill, 5 birthday cards have been sent over 3 weeks ago so should have arrived, what happened when I gave him my name and address, he goes round the back sits on squeaky chair (you can hear it) for 10 mins comes out, shrugs his shoulders, shakes his head.  I am wondering if maybe the post office will again have to move to new bigger premises to allow for the amount of post that must be backlogged round the back because the postie cannot be bothered either to deliver it or look through the accummulating piles. A lady in front of me was waiting for a tax form to fill in from the UK, this is an important document because it affects her pension, she has twice rang the tax office in the UK and they said they sent it 3 weeks ago and she goes in the PO most days to check if it has arrived, all she gets is the shrug and shake of the head.  It is a disgrace that something so simple as to pick up a few letters from the post office is becoming a nightmare for us Brits, I say BRING BACK OUR OLD POSTIE HE WAS A STAR AND WORTH HIS WEIGHT IN GOLD and sack this imposter he's bloody useless.:(

Offline milliemars

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 18:00:42 PM »
Our postie was put in prison as I understand for giving post to someone it did not belong to.I went in several times when the new postman was out,the guy behind the desk told me to go around the back and sort out my own,in I went followed by another brit.Now I think that is worse that what our old postie did.Do agree though I go down I might have been luckier than you he bought me out a bundle to sort through.

Offline antonia1966

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 19:40:40 PM »
I too went down to the post office yesterday with my little girl, she is waiting for a parcel from nanny and grandad, sent 3 weeks ago.  I gave the postie my name and address, he shrugged his shoulders, told me no post!!!  He didn't even check for me. The lady behind the counter told me to put my name in the book and as and when post arrived I would be contacted!!! I added my name to the book 3 months ago!!!  Something has to be done, where is our post going?[:(!]

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 20:06:26 PM »
It may be worth going to the PTT in Fethiye and get a PO box number, I have had mine for a few months, I get letters cards etc from the UK within 7 days. If there is a parcel to big to go in the box they leave a card to tell you to pick it up. The office is upstairs to the right of the PTT main door. You will need someone who speaks Turkish.
Mark

Offline minimoo

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 09:02:55 AM »
I agree, it's a complete nightmare. I received no post for 4 months, then finally last week, my birthday cards, which were posted in January finally arrived! Still no phone bills, internet bills or anything else though. Unfortunatly I am waiting for a very important letter to arrive from Ankara, and I am starting to worry that I will never get it.
We have been into the post office to enquire about our post but have received the same shrug as everyone else. Not good enough!

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 10:42:09 AM »
Is it Expats or Turks to who are not getting mail?  It made me think, if Turks weren't getting mail, why aren't they complaining to someone 'high up'.  If it is purely Expats, then I suggest someone there gets a Turk to pen a complaining letter and circulate copies to all local Expats.  If they all sent (via a different PTT) a complaining letter, then maybe something would be done about it.  This chap sounds like he needs disciplinary action.

Offline Harmless

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 15:17:40 PM »
It may be a case of new addresses, I remember the old one used to come in my office when I was in Ovacik and ask me if I knew of anyone with an English sounding surname as the addresses would be unclear to say the least.  Bless him, he was good and did care about his job.
Although, now there are road numbers and names so, problem should not be so bad.
Be interesting to find out if it is only ex pats

Offline minimoo

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 14:23:06 PM »
No not just expats... my hubby is Turkish and has also not been receiving any mail. Many of his friends are in the same position too.

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 16:03:47 PM »
i thought this problem came up when they renumbered the streets and in some case the house number its was a while ago but i think this is when the trouble started

Offline milliemars

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 17:27:26 PM »
No the trouble started when we lost our postie of over 20 years.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf