Author Topic: Mozaic Bahce  (Read 80129 times)

Offline Firo

Mozaic Bahce
« on: July 08, 2009, 10:15:43 AM »
Went to the above restaurant yesterday at lunch time. Eric had the BBQ chicken wrap and said it was the best wrap he had ever had in Turkey, myself and my friend shared the Mozaic house special between us and it was delicious. We had drinks as well and the total was 18tl for the 3 of us...bargain.
Friendly owners Dogan & Nichola, lovely garden setting and away from the traffic.
They serve only Turkish cuisine and the prices were very good. We will certainly be going back again and any visitors are also being taken there for a taste of Turkey.
It was a pleasant change to discover a restaurant that was different and authentic and value for money.
How to find it...in between the PTT and Carrefour is the Fethiye Kaymakin offices. If you have the offices behind you behind and look over the road there is a lane running up the side of a rental company. Go up there and you'll find it directly in front of you.
Fi

Offline calvin 1949

Mozaic Bahce
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 10:25:05 AM »
Sounds good Fi,there is also a copy of their menu in this weeks Land of Lights looks good must try it soon .Calvin

Offline littlereddevil

Mozaic Bahce
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 11:07:33 AM »
We went at a lunchtime and really liked it.
We then went back one night but the trees and bushes and lights attracted so many insects it was a nightmare trying to keep them out of our drinks and off our food.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Mozaic Bahce
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 01:09:39 AM »
thanks for the comments and feedback left in this thread and on a couple of other pages on the forum about the Mozaik Bahçe (Mosaic Garden) restaurant. Dogan and I opened the restaurant relatively recently so this is an important time to establish a good reputation.

Only offering speciality dishes from the south east of Turkey we aim to provide a very different experience to anything else that is found in this area; there is a strong Arabic influence which adds a little spice to many (not all) of the dishes.

We are on a strong learning curve at the moment and your feedback is important for us. We have dealt with the insect problem by using a spray, safe for human life forms and especially designed for use in restaurant gardens. We also now supply insect repellent for all customers who would like to use it.

We know the food is different, tasty, (although we can't please all of the people all of the time, we aim to..), plentiful and very reasonable priced.

We have been rated highly for offering a good and varied selection of vegetarian options and parents feel able to relax as their children can play safely in the garden away from the busy roads. Even though the restaurant is so central in Fethiye the tree shaded garden and location really makes it a little oasis of tranquility even if I do say so myself...)

We have just made a few changes to the menu to reflect customer feedback and this includes adding a mixed meze plate (regional mezes from east Turkey) enough for four people to share as a starter or as a snack and includes a hot favourite with the British Olives and fresh Thyme Salad.

We are making changes all the time so please feel free to make any constructive comments or suggestions here on this thread or direct to my email and we will do our best to act on them. Positive feedback would be nice too; I know Dogan will appreciate it; bless him he is working so hard at the moment.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to read this and hope I haven't taken any liberties as a newish but so far I think a fairly constructive contributer to the forum

Nichola

Offline philrose

Mozaic Bahce
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 07:01:27 AM »
Five of us went there last night top food and the Eastern Turkish menu made it something really unique in Fethiye. Will be returing very soon well impressed.

PS happy to report no insects either! ;)

Offline Peter Lamb

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 16:24:11 PM »
Have to agree with Phil the setting was lovely and the food was great, will definately be going back   :)

Offline incir

Mozaic Bahce
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 16:40:48 PM »
Will have to come & visit in August.

Offline pixie

Mozaic Bahce
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 16:53:36 PM »
You really must!!
Nichola and Dogan are friends of ours and have been working their socks off to get the restaurant up and running.  It has only been open since May 24th and is already a roaring success both with the local community and foreigners alike.  (I always think you can measure the quality of a restaurant's food when you see it packed with locals!)
The aforementioned chicken wrap (durum) really is incredible, and is only 4tl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The chicken melts in the mouth.  It really does.  The chicken sis kebabs (and other kebab dishes) are 8tl!!
The mezes etc are about 3.5tl and are absolutely delicious.  The puddings are amazing too.  Dogan flambes the "kunife" in front of guests in the garden, plus he home makes the sauce for one of the other authentic Hatay (Eastern Turkey) dishes "hataybicibici" - icecream with a rose sauce.  He is very proud of it.
The other puddings are home made in Hatay and put on the bus overnight and sent over to Fethiye including a pumpkin soaked in a sugary lime marinade - try it, its amazing!  I sound like an advert now and yes they are my friends but the place is truly wonderful and when a family of 4 can eat a 3 course meal there with drinks for under 60tl, I DO think you should try it and see for yourselves.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Mozaic Bahce
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 16:55:25 PM »
Went at Lunch time today......great, Dogan is a lovely guy and deserves to do well. He even came round at the end of the meal and asked if we felt there was anything he could do to make things better[^] but there wasn't!
We had a freshly prepared Meze for two and a Tavuc Sis and a Barbecue Wrap made with fresh liver (which I have not seen in the Fethiye area before) Absolutely lovely but it was so big I began to regret having the Meze as well as I could not manage a sweet and they had a couple of my favorites on the menu, Kabak Tatlisi and Kunefe:D
Although it was only about 50 metres from the main road and a similar distance fron the Fish market it can only be described as an oasis of calm. If you like real Turkish food you will enjoy this. As Del Boy said "You know it makes sense" 8)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 19:59:33 PM by tribalelder »

Offline shortlands

Mozaic Bahce
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 18:11:00 PM »
we too tried mozaic bahce after reading good reviews and have to say it is one of the nicest places we have been to.we recomended it to our daughter and to neighbours of ours in turkey, they all without fail raved about the place.great food, fasntastic people and good prices.we have also recomended to people who are visiting fethiye later in the year.we will certainly be back in september,and wish them every success for the future.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf