Author Topic: english children schooling in turkey and health  (Read 10614 times)

Offline incir

english children schooling in turkey and health
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 10:17:23 AM »
My goodness girls you both bitten off a great big project!

Offline cas

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 15:19:03 PM »
I have a few of the answers to my questions, but still need a few more answers,,1- kids schooling, language before they attend turkish school....
2- i need english friends who have done the same, got kids, live and are married to a turkish man,
Me and my partner are serious about me moving out so, any advice will be appreciated,

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 15:24:05 PM »
Where are the questions caz?

Offline minimoo

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 20:16:06 PM »
If your children were to attend a private school, their level of Turkish upon entry to the school would not be required to be very high as they do cater for foreign children and have extra Turkish classes for them. If you were wanting them to go to one of the government schools, their Turkish language and written skills would need to be much higher as they do not have the teaching staff to give the extra lessons, and all lessons (apart from English as a foreign language) will be in Turkish.

Offline cas

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 20:37:59 PM »
So, MINIMOO, do you know of a turkish/english tutor, some one that would come to the home and teach the children and myself, the necessary requirements for them to attend a goverment school, i really cant afford for the 3 of them to go to a private school, thanks for the information, i appreciate it, and any further help about the home tutoring , Thanks, Caz

Offline minimoo

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 05:34:36 AM »
Sorry Cas, no I don't know of any tutors or how to go about home schooling. With my son I put him in the private school until his Turkish was at a good enough level to move into the government school.

There are lots of turkish teachers who advertise in the Land of Lights newspaper, so it might be worth having a look at that online. I know when we asked our Turkish teacher about doing extra tutoring for my son (5 years ago mind you), he said he only dealt with adults, but it's possible you could find someone who will teach kids.

Offline Harmless

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 07:46:06 AM »
Contact Nese via FIG, she is a great teacher, speaks good English as well and is a very comfortable person, who I am sure, the children will enjoy being taught by.
If you look at the Land of Lights, you will get details for fig from that.

Offline cas

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 17:47:14 PM »
Me and my 3 children are coming out to Calis on the 8th march, can,t wait, will be discussing schooling etc with my partner, and ofcourse our future as a family, we have now been together for almost a year,,,wow!!!Lots of people said it wudn t last, but we have both proved them WRONG...Even the ENGLISH people, living in CALIS told my partner, that it wudnt last, but HEY HO, almost a year later,, i think its good going to say we only have internet, web cam contact and the occasionall fone call, o and a holiday x2 a year, ..

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 18:39:53 PM »
I think a lot of failed relationships might have lasted 12 months or longer if you only saw each other twice a year.

Offline BM06

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 21:07:48 PM »
LOL Scunner, you could not make it up.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf