Author Topic: Burglary  (Read 4309 times)

Offline Trinny

Burglary
« on: November 07, 2009, 10:03:30 AM »
Hi All,
This week our house was burgled. They took all my jewellery which included a couple of pairs of diamond earrings,(including the jewellery box!), a diamond & sapphire white gold ring, a ladies Sekonda watch, ladies Accurist watch with a dark brown leather strap, even my fake Gucci watch. Also my husband's Amadeus watch, a Kodak digital camera, a Canon Sureshot manual camera, a Zen Stone MP3 payer, a Sony Discman, a leather picture frame, a green glass photo frame (from Next). Also a Tula straw handbag with leather handles and our blue cotton beach bag - obviously to put everything in. Guess they couldn't carry the TV or the computer!
This was obviously very upsetting for us both. They came in via the roof into one of the spare bedrooms.
If anyone is offered any jewellery from an unlikely source, could they please let me know.

Thanks very much.
Lorraine & Barry

Offline june

Burglary
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 11:23:17 AM »
So sorry to hear that Lorraine, its a horrible thing to happen I know as it happened to us twice in the UK.

Hope these vile people are caught and you get all your jewellery and other items back.

Whereabouts is your place?.

Take care and good luck

June

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Burglary
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 13:56:26 PM »
What a shame I am sorry to hear about this. It happened to me when I had my shop here in Scotland.  I hope you have insurance, and perhaps you could think about getting a safe for the future.  
A lot of burglaries seem to occur through the roof as this small hatch does not have any locks.
We had locks fitted to ours (which cost 5 lira) when we heard of a similiar burglary in September.
Good luck in recovering your items.
Jacqui.

Offline Trinny

Burglary
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 16:13:16 PM »
Hi June, thanks for your concern. We live in Deliktas. This is the second time I've lost all my jewellery - we were broken into in the UK years ago. So heart breaking as so much of it was presents and irreplaceable. Still, that's life. My husband also had his mobile phone taken, so if anyone offers you a cheap phone......

Offline Trinny

Burglary
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 16:19:48 PM »
Hi Jacqui, thanks for your kind words. They actually took the mosquito screen off and kicked or pushed the door in. Needless to say, we have now had iron bars put over the door, and are in the process of getting the other doors upstairs done too. I really feel for everyone that this has happened to. I know it's happened quite a lot recently.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Burglary
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 17:46:40 PM »
Hi are you just behind Green Valley? I'm sorry to hear that you have been burgled. Makes me feel a little sick just to think about it. Hope you can get over the pain soon.

Offline terrie

Burglary
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 19:02:48 PM »
just for info..good window locks for sale in bim this week,about 5 lira if i remember...these are the same as ones from locksmiths at 15 lira each

Offline Janice1971

Burglary
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 19:58:59 PM »
Why has the crime rate increased so much, is it because people are struggling so much at the moment?  Shame the government dont have a better benefit system, my in-laws are particularly poor and they get next to no help, shame as Calis used to be so different.

Offline scottandmichelle

Burglary
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 23:30:13 PM »
maybe it`s because the don`t like to nick from their own???

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Burglary
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 01:52:02 AM »
You obviously don't know anything about the subject. They nick from anyone and everyone, they don't ask to see passports first.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf