Author Topic: Burglary  (Read 4310 times)

Offline scouser2swife

Burglary
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 09:05:07 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Trinny

Hi All,
This week our house was burgled. They took all my jewellery which included a couple of pairs of diamond earrings,(including the jewellery box!), a diamond & sapphire white gold ring, a ladies Sekonda watch, ladies Accurist watch with a dark brown leather strap, even my fake Gucci watch. Also my husband's Amadeus watch, a Kodak digital camera, a Canon Sureshot manual camera, a Zen Stone MP3 payer, a Sony Discman, a leather picture frame, a green glass photo frame (from Next). Also a Tula straw handbag with leather handles and our blue cotton beach bag - obviously to put everything in. Guess they couldn't carry the TV or the computer!

This was obviously very upsetting for us both. They came in via the roof into one of the spare bedrooms.
If anyone is offered any jewellery from an unlikely source, could they please let me know.

Thanks very much.
Lorraine & Barry

Hi Lorraine & Barry.I am so sorry you were burgled.It happened to us in August.We are on the 3rd floor and have a dog AND we were in bed at the time!!We think it was some neighbours who have since been evicted (one of them was working as a prostitute from home!!).
We will keep our eyes open for your things, as we live not far from you (by the university).

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Burglary
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 12:15:41 PM »
They are more likely to be in Istanbul,Izmir or Antalya by now.:(

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
Burglary
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 15:23:09 PM »
well said scunner... i know for sure its a fact that turkish families are getting burgled too.!!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Burglary
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 18:45:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tribalelder

They are more likely to be in Istanbul,Izmir or Antalya by now.:(

Yes, the police told me all my stuff would be long gone to Glasgow or even London.
However, I did my own detective work and found my items on sale and still in my area.    After I reported my find to the police the culprits where caught and sentenced...     So my advise is don't give up hope.

Offline Trinny

Burglary
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 13:16:13 PM »
Thanks very much. It has made us so much more security conscious. I now suspect everyone who walks or drives past the house - I don't really want to feel like this but..... I do. Sorry to hear about your break in. It just leaves such a bad feeling.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf