Author Topic: Burglary  (Read 12120 times)

Offline joannasal

Burglary
« on: November 09, 2009, 13:41:52 PM »
Following on from the topic in the Fethiye forum:
Sadly another burglary occurred this morning where I live (Symbola Apartments, Deliktas), between 9.00 am and lunch time (about noon). This time it was a childs motorised car which would not have been able to be lifted - it would need to go in a flat bed truck. The owners were out, I was in but was unaware of anything.

We pay a company each month for 'maintenance' which is supposed to include garden care, pool care (it is currently growing a nice crop of mould and green stuff on the bottom) and a 24 hour guard. Despite our complaints none of us who permanantly reside here have ever set eyes on the guard and no one seems to be taking any notice of us - except to take our monthly charges.

Not good

Offline sporran

Burglary
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 15:07:21 PM »
Hi Joanna, we also have an apartment in Symbola but only get over a couple of times a year. I was sorry to hear about yet another burglary and perhaps if a guard had been there this burglary might have been avoided. I also pay maintenance but was not aware that a guard was included in the package. Niall & Leasa

Offline joannasal

Burglary
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 17:28:39 PM »
Hi Niall and Leasa,

I think you met Tony and Kay when you were last here, but I did not get a chance to say hello - so Hello!

Yes, the security guard is supposed to be included. One of the apartments in Block C also had an attempted break in during the day in August. Both this recent one and the attempted break in happened to ground floor apartmets and both in the day - a bit worrying.
Hope to meet you both properly when you next come over.

Offline valleyboy

Burglary
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 19:38:20 PM »
Hi Joanna,

We've been following the forum regarding the apparent increase in break ins and thefts in the area lately, this seems to be a worrying trend, is it because Deliktas is such a secluded,quiet place ??, and we, like Niall and Leasa did not realise that our maintenance cover included security, but we did think (as Mohammed told us) that there would be a permanent caretaker and he also mentioned security cameras being fitted, unless this was part of his sales "pitch".

We hope you are well regardless of these recent events, have you spoken to Mustafa lately ??, we will attempt to Email Manzara about the problems, but as you probably understand it's more difficult sometimes to get things done from "this end" !!!.

Look after yourself and keep in touch Tony & Kay

Offline sporran

Burglary
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 21:04:34 PM »
We have had confirmation from Ramazan that cctv is to be installed and will be a 24 hour coverage over the whole complex, hopefully this will be an effective deterrant. A security guard or caretaker was never mentioned to us at any stage from either the security company or Manzara. If anyone hears anything else then please let us know. Niall & Leasa

Offline amanda bullock

Burglary
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 22:56:18 PM »
hi guys,not heard of a security guard but we were told cc tv was going in.I hope they can get something sorted.I will also mention it.lovely to keep in touch with you all.x

Offline joannasal

Burglary
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 04:16:08 AM »
Mustafa is due this week or next and I will speak with him. When he first came round to me in August he actually asked me if I had seen the guard at night - I replied no as I usually sleep at night! When the attempted break in happened I know Manzara and AtoZ were contacted but I am not sure what was the outcome. I think the poor pool boy got the brunt of the ladys' distress and anger, not sure what she said to Mustafa though.

Cameras are in some places - but not connected. As you can imagine A and A are really unhappy about what happened yesterday (spitting fire would be a good phrase). I believe they are going to speak with Ato Z this week.
Hopefully this is not going to be a regular occurrence and all will settle down again quickly.

Offline sporran

Burglary
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 09:49:00 AM »
I think the cameras are not fully connected yet because Manzara are waiting for D block to be completed after which the cctv system will be fully up and running.

Offline valleyboy

Burglary
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 10:05:05 AM »
As has also been said on the forum, these "scallywags", are not just selecting expats to steal from, hopefully our fine Turkish neighbours will rally together as they can be quite vocal and can hopefully "rattle a few cages !!!".

I kind of guessed who's motorized car it was and I can imagine A & A are spitting feathers, please tell them we're really sorry, and hopefully these thefts are isolated incidents and will stop soon.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Burglary
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 10:09:19 AM »
The last two burglaries of homes owned by Turkish people resulted in the burglar getting shot, and the burglar being kicked off the roof terrace as he tried to climb over it's wall onto it. Not sure whether those constitute "reasonable force"  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf